Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Their FIRST date!

Their FIRST date!

I knew I had these pictures somewhere and while looking for something else, I found them...

These are of a very young Chester and when he first met Midnight/Samantha. Her other person had brought her over to show me the kitten she found on my doorstep and Chester took to her immediately! This was the beginning of our 2 year effort to have her come live where she was meant to live to start with.

Their very FIRST meeting.. (Play date)

As yopu can see he is totally facinated with her but all that has changed now and he could care less if she is here or not...

*****Tomorrow is time to return to work! I have a full day today packing and getting the house ready to be shut up and ready for my babies to rough it alone for 28 days. The boat is suppose to be in Baton Rouge tomorrow so it will be a short ride to get there for me.

I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving and all your babies stay happy and heathy while I am gone. Soooo, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 11-07-2006 at 09:28 AM.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Those pictures are so typical of a new entrant in my home! I can really relate to it all, and I LOVE them!

I don't understand - you leave them alone for 28 days?! Someone must come in to empty litter, right? I left 4 alone for 21 days a few years back. i set clock radios to play for an hour in the morning and another for an hour in the evening. I had the cat sitter stop in each morning, and a friend each evening. By the end, the cats were really missing companionship. Each morning, the cat sitter had to place all the pillows back on the sofa, chairs and bed. Each evening, friend had to do the same. The last 3 days, the cats started clearing the furniture off of vases, picture frames, statues, knick knacks, whatever they could find. Everyone was glad when I got back!

I love looking at photos of when the cats first are introduced into the home.Those are so cute of them first meeting.
    I hope you have a fun and safe 28 days and I'm so happy you don't need to worry about your cats being moved around anymore.There's no place like home
    Happy Thanksgiving Laura

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

What a wonderful play date they had.

Laura, be safe and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. (((HUGS))) Meg and the Fur Crew

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Freedom, yes, I have a neighbor and my daughter that come check on them, clean boxes and refresh their food and water. Rie spends time with them and has things that she does with them while she is here and she has Amy spoiled rotton. Chester, she takes to her house since he LOVES it at her house so much and gets mad when he has to come home... Everyone at Rie's house LOVES him being there since he is such a sweet boy.

Carla, they have settled into being home and I can tell they are so glad they do not have that long car ride every month. I know they miss me but are happier here at home while I am gone. Mike is home right now so he will be checking in on them and they adore him. He is a wonderful Catdad so I know they are in good hands with him looking in on them.

I love that photo.
    You can tell Chester wants to be friends with Samntha, but is not totally sure how to broach the subject.
    Thats such a touching photo, we just love it.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a great set of photographs. I can see Chester wondering "Hmmm, what is this?.... Mom, can we keep her?"

Happy Thanksgiving, Laura! Will you be cooking a turkey dinner for your crew? (Boat crew that is, not cat crew.) ...and Babies, will you be getting a Thanksgiving dinner too? Elmer will be thinking of Amy as he samples his first drumstick.

Pat and kids
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I will picture you sailing down the Mississippi...with the crew seated around the table and waving drumsticks from your beautifully cooked turkey!

See you when you get back....

Wow. They seemed to have gotten along so well. They're awfully cute.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

phesina
    Will you be cooking a turkey dinner for your crew? (Boat crew that is, not cat crew.) ...and Babies, will you be getting a Thanksgiving dinner too?
    I will put out a Thanksgiving spread fit for a KING (I hope)! I really go all out for these special occasion dinners... Baking cakes, making candy, pies, bread, home made dressing.... the WHOLE works and whatever else someone might want that is a tradition in their family... all they have to do is ask for it and we will have it...

Me? I'll be the first one digging into all of it... I am sure this time I will come home heavier than usual...

What adorable pictures!!!!

Time for you to go already?
    I am jealous of everyone eating your Thanksgiving meal! I know it will be so YUMMY!!!! Have a blessed Thanksgiving, Laura!

Love ya,
    Kim

The Thanksgiving dinner sounds WONDERFUL!!!! I wish I was going on your boat!

Will the kitties get any extra treats while you're so far away?

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I just hate when you have to leave again, Laura. Even though I don't have time to respond to all posts these days, I just love reading yours and seeing your babies - especially little sweety Amy.

Chester is so adorable in these pics. He is just totally enamored with Samantha!

Have a safe trip and have a great Thanksgiving yourself!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

phesina, sorry about being so long getting back to you! My computer or ISP has been acting up off and on all day...

Chester is the only one of my babies that is even slightly interested in people food. He will be are Rie's so he would eat a very small piece of turkey if it is offered. The rest just are not interested.. They have plenty of kitty treats here if they want treats...... but Amy has gotten where she isn't interested much in those anymore, and she is always the first to insist on having them!

EVERYONE, have a nice Thanksgiving!

AWWWW what cute pictures. Thanks for sharing that story with us.

I'm sorry I got around to this too late Laura, but I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving and stay safe.

See you when you get back.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010