Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rupert hurt my brother.

Honestly, this isn't directed at you, but if your mom can't handle having a dog than she shouldn't have one at all. God, if I put my dogs to sleep everytime they jumped on me or knocked my brother over on accident, I wouldn't have any left. Small children and excited large labs sometimes don't mix. Has he ever had obedience training? Why don't you fix the problem instead of just getting rid of the dog (or putting it to sleep )? The dog obviously thought the whistle was exciting, and it was his reaction to it. You even told the kids to be quiet.

Please do not put that dog to sleep. He was NOT in the wrong, your mom is. IF anything, please rehome him. Maybe you guys would do better being dog-less for a while. Did Max ever go the home with the girl? You never said anything more about that. Or did he go "somewhere else"?

And I say no more whistles, and definately obedience training.

I took him down and put him infront of my brother.I told him that he was a bad dog and made him stay outside. I told my brother to take a nap becuase whenever he saw Rupert he would start to cry.
    My mom said he has to sleep in the garage tonight.My mom said that if he did another thing like that that we would have to put him down.Are we being to hard on him? The reason I was so hard, was becuase I want him to be a good dog.

I don't mean to offend you in ANY way possible but dogs shouldn't be punished by sleeping outside he probably already forgot what had happend and you would technically be punishing him for nothing in his eyes. Take him to obedience classes and watch what you do around him. DO NOT TEASE HIM!!!! I learned that the hard way and I have the scar to prove that on my eyebrow. If your brother was teasing him don't punish the dog punish your brother. Imagine if you were a dog and some kid ran up to you right in the face what would do? First instinct is to attack. Make sure you get the TRUTH out of your brother and sister about what happend.
    Dogs don't attack unless they have a reason. Someone might have accidentally taken his toy or food away from him or something.
    If absolutley NO ONE was teasing him take him to obedience classes and explain to the "teacher" what had happend and what needs to be worked on. Best of Luck!
    I'm A Proud Sister of TWO Pugs

Excellent choice of words areias!!! Of course the dog would attack if he heard a loud whistle. It's hurts their ears. Dogs have 10,000 times better hearing and smelling than we do. Why do you think dogs sometimes howl when they hear someone singing REALLY loud?

You aren't getting any response because she's waiting for you all to get worked up. Just keep that in mind.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    You aren't getting any response because she's waiting for you all to get worked up. Just keep that in mind.
    "Worked up ..how so?" Vela??

So true Vela,But i do feel bad for the pup being put in a situation like that.

I do too Lori, I feel really bad for the poor dog. It's not his fault.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I do too Lori, I feel really bad for the poor dog. It's not his fault.
    I know it really turns my stomach when i hear about stuff like this,There are too many uneducated animal owners,And the sad thing is the animal looses in the end,Just devastating

I gotcha vela-- thank you..

warahgirl1995- clds???

what is clds?

MagicForPets Guest
    Oh my god that was a rather childish comment to make And rather rude, too! I cannot believe how rude you are in this thread..

I don't see why you guys think what Rupert did is not bad.

That was rude and FYI I've been grounded.

calm down and read what I sent you.

Quote Originally Posted by WarahGirl1995
    I don't see why you guys think what Rupert did is not bad.
    Because it seems like he acted just how every other startled dog would act.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08