Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog names

Dog names

Where did you come up with the perfect name for your dogs??

Before I got Jo, I read a very interesting ( I think anyway?? LOL)book about a girl who was clever and smart etc, her name was Josie..I liked it, so I named my girl that!

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

It was pretty simple...
    We were driving home from the breeders on Xmas eve with Presley sitting between me and my mom. She was chewing on a Elvis Presley Xmas CD. My mom kept asking me what i was going to call her and i kept saying all these names but none worked so i said hmmm.... Presley... Thats how i named her....

Well ever since the movie "The Lion King" first came out I have LOVED it. I took the main charactors name, Simba, and named Sim that.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Re: Dog names

Sheba was named after my Aunt's/Uncle favorite GSD
    who passed away many years ago.
    Rocky is named after my Uncles nick name. (my Uncle.
    is alive and well)
    Pepper looked like the color Pepper and my husband
    named her.
    We think we might name our next terrier Chunk
    because they seem to have such big appetites.

----<---<--<{(@

Anna was already named.. so we kept that.. and for Rosie.. I'd like to think that it was named after Rosario on Will & Grace but.. to be honest, I don't know how we came up with the name Rosie.. my brother just threw it in, and we all agreed, so it's her name! - Rach
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Checotah was named after a town in Oklahoma near where her mother was found by a friend. My friend named the pup and I thought it was too beautiful to change.
    Rose's name just came to me while riding home with her on my lap just after I got her.
    Miss Brown was a found dog who was supposed to be adopted out - I'm a foster flunkout - it started by my friend calling her Brownie, and ended up being Miss Brown which is the title to a jazz tune.
    Joan

[COLOR=royalblue]When we got Diana, she came with a name Sara. I really didnt like this name for her, so I called her Puddy. But everyone kept askin why did you name her that. And being 13 at the time, I changed it. I was really interested in Greek and Roman gods at the time and liked the name Diana. Now when i look at her i cant see her being any other name.

Bayba was pure white and being the silly 8 year old girl that i was, i called him like Rare Snow Jewel of the East, etc. But i kept forgetting the name so i would just call him baby and my baby. And then some how it got changed into Bayba and it stuck. Now i really like his name cause i aint never met or heard of another bayba!

Chester Thai is a rambuncious ferret. But I loved Howliday inn and decided to name him after the smart kitty Chester and Thai...god knows how i got that.

Rufus was named when I was very young..appearintly my dad listed a few names, and my bro liked Rufus the most.

smitten, don't ask!! lol, it was a mix between the place I got her, and mittens..I didn't realize at the time there actually was a word 'smitten'

Ralph came up with Sadie. I think there was a neighbor dog when he was growing up and he liked the name. Cincy is short for Univeristy of Cincinnati where Ralph and I both went to college and met

Angus was named after Angus Young of AC/DC, and Roxey, from the Police song Roxanne, we call her Roxey for short!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Smokey cuz he's a thug dog and that's a thug-ish name. As he's grown up he even got a freckle/birthmark that looks like a teardrop tattoo. THUG!

Neato ;D

I think if the next dog I get is a male, I'm going to name him Carter!! Yup! I got that from Dr.Carter from ER!! Love that show!!
    I'm in a '!'y mood!!!!!! Doot de doo!
    Anyway, if its a female, then I'd name it Bailey. The barn I used to ride at had the sweetest dog named Bailey, its a neat name too

Are you saying that as in john dont have bailey anymore or what?!?!?!

No, lol I'm saying I don't ride there anymore..John wouldn't get rid of his bailey ;D

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    We needed a name with a C (Cinnamon Cookie) because of the breeder. I had a list of names, and the breeder had to choose. I didn't want to call Cookie like this, but the breeder already started it and she listened to it.