Seriously, I'm not sure how to handle this situation with our new neighbor.

I've written about their golden retriever, Gracie, pooping on our yard. I'm not thrilled about this, but its not poor Gracie's fault her owners refuse to walk her. In the beginning, they asked if we minded, and they said they'd pick up her poop. They have NOT been picking up her poop.

They have NO yard of their own since they went and built a HUGE garage out back. She has about 6" of grass to call her own. I have never seen them walk her. They just let her out back and don't even watch her! Do you know how busy the road is along side my house? We have a crossing gaurd out there right now monitoring traffic, and trust me, there's traffic! She's currently running --- RUNNING --- alongside the narrow strip of grass between the sidewalk and curb.

She's a nice dog. She just has lousy owners. How do I ask them to reign in their dog? Should I just start tossing poop onto their back porch, and let them get the hint on their own?

My other neighbor was complaining to me about it the other day, saying she doesn't know how we've been so polite til now. She says that dog is always in our yard and they quickly get her back in when they know we're around.... they apparently have figured out our schedule enough to know when we'd be leaving the hosue or letting Nicki out.

Any ideas or pearls of wisdom in handling this?