Thread: cat of day

cat of day

BEAUTIFUL & SWEET cat, would love to have one, even thou i have 12 now,i resuced every cat that needs help that passes my door. ITALIANANO
    Annette

Welcome to Pet Talk Italianano and hats off to you from me on taking care of the poor homeless furbabies that are unfortunately still out there roaming our streets. I wish there were a lot more people like you all around this world of ours. I envy people like you who are able to do this worthy cause. The city i live in, has a stupid law that people are only allowed two animals per household. Yeah like we really follow this rule. I live on a second floor so i try my best to help our homeless kitties in the back lane. I have a set up under my barbecue which includes blankets, cushions, cat food and fresh water. What people don't know won't hurt them.
    Again welcome, and i'm sure you are going to enjoy it here as much as i do.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Hi, thanks for ansering,if you had your own house could you have more then 2 pets,i have a small house with a big back yard,neighbors are not happy but say nothing to me to my face,i have 3 dogs also,salary is small but somehow i make it thur,these little sweet critters need someone,& i love them all.
    Annette

Welcome to Pet Talk Italianano....
    What a wonderful thread... Fortunatelly for me I have never seen any strays near my house, but like you, I would love to help every homeless animal in the world... **hugs to you for being soo good to our furry friends**
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Good for you Italiano!
    I have a soft spot for all the homeless animals out there, so I admire what you are doing for them.
    If it's possible someday I would LOVE to live somewhere I could have a few (or more) acres, and have a whole bunch of animals- mostly rescues

Welcome to Pet Talk and keep coming back to tell us about all your animals & experiences.

Welcome Italianano

You will enjoy talking with us all! I have Six cats and three dogs. Most of them were strays that I took in. If I could have a bigger pocket book I'd have all the shelters empty. My last I took in was a Maine Coon which I have post on the Maine coon thread. He was dropped off on my doorstep! We all have to be the caretaker for our beloved animals. If we don't take them in,what will happen to them. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
    Mother of Toastco,Lady, Corrie Shoe-shoo,Snuglles,Midnight,Dixie,Abraham (abe for short) and Shadow my Maine coon

Your welcome Italianano. No matter what question, or even if you want to vent, or just ask for advice, someone will also be here for you on Pet Talk. I have never ran into a more friendlier crowd than i have on here. Even though i don't know them that well, that is one thing i've learnt, People on Pet Talk are very caring, considerate and friendly.
    In regards to your question about even if i owned my own home, the bylaw here is still only 2 pets per household. But like i said before not many of us respect it. There is a woman down the street from me who has 3 dogs and 2 cats. Last year we made a petition against the law to have it lifted but we haven't heard anything yet. If you're caught without your dog on a leash on the street it is a $132.00 fine and if you tie your dog on a pole while you go into a store, it is a $136.00 fine. They just brought these laws out about 2 years ago.
    Keep up the good work and enjoy Pet Talk.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

h hi everyone,your all so friendly,don;t know many people that rescue cats & dogs like i do ,i'm sure there are many. I found a group of woman that are called alleycats advocates,& they neuter stays every month for free,i couldn't believe it all they want from you is to take care of the cats once they fix them, well i sure did call them,& they neutered 9 cats,but a sad thing happened,they all have colds & i had to beg my vet for medicine for all of them,he wants to give them alllllll shots which is 16.00 & 22 for ofice vist thats times 9 told him i could not afford it so he finally let me buy some medicine so far only 2 are having a rough time,but i got the others better, Your not going to believe this but a mother cat & 3 kittens were sitting & my front door of course there in house now,don't know if cats tell each other {go to italianano's house} but they show up all the time.
    Annette

IT Alianano

I laughed when I just read that a mother cat and 3 kittens were on your doorstep. I use to say that all the cats and dogs knew where to go. They knew at my house they would be taken in. I joke and say there is a sign that they see that says always open to strays. Through the years there have been many that came to me for a home. Mom to six cats three dogs

Word gets around with people who drop off unwanted pets I think. Oh-well, it's better than if they just dump them somewhere that they don't have a chance or at the pound