Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bil Jac

Bil Jac

Anyone heard ofthis frozen food? Hubby brought it home and Runner likes it. She hates kibble and will wait till everyone is in bed and she knows no food will be hitting the floor till morning.

http://www.biljac.com/index.asp

I have. I feed my dogs the Bil Jac kibble though. Good stuff, and dogs seriously do love it.
    TFT ftwtyvm!

I've Been DEfrosted.

I used to feed it to Roscoe until I learned that it's not a high quality kibble. He did love it though.

The BilJac frozen food has been a Godsend for me when I had a sick dog and needed something to wrap a pill in. Haven't had to buy any in a while since the dogs I have now just slurp up whatever is in front of them! LOL!!!

But I like this food. If I could afford it, I might feed it all the time, but with 3 dogs and healthy appetites, it is not affordable as an everyday thing.

Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    But I like this food. If I could afford it, I might feed it all the time, but with 3 dogs and healthy appetites, it is not affordable as an everyday thing.

Logan
    Try feeding 17 dogs with healthy appetites. That's expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleycat
    Anyone heard ofthis frozen food? Hubby brought it home and Runner likes it. She hates kibble and will wait till everyone is in bed and she knows no food will be hitting the floor till morning.

http://www.biljac.com/index.asp
    Bil Jac frozen is WONDERFUL! WISH WE HAD it available where I am.. Canine cravings is what I add now, which is very similiar as a meat product, but bil jac frozen is better.

Niņo was on the kibble for a while, it's a lot better than Iams. We stopped because my parents coudn't handle going 5 miles away to Petsmart for dog food instead of just buying it at Jewel.

Niņo & Eliza

Here is the thread I was looking for:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...grade+dog+food

I don't know much about the frozen food, but Bil Jac kibble was scored an F. Personally I think that there are a LOT better brands out there (and most of them are cheaper).

I like Bil jac because the chicken by product is organ meat as you can see. And I know for a fact, the corn is actually only the pulp which is the the nutritional part of the corn. Its mostly meat, and I know the grading scale on that other report. Bil Jac doesnt fit the scale because "by products" are not in this food as far as what by products are in other foods. Also= Bil Jac makes their own verses uses a rendering plant.
    If I could get bil jac frozen I would have it. I feed raw, but I do use 1/4 of a cup of bil jac for each dog daily in case I loose power and have to feed something. I love how digestable it is, turns instantly to mush with warm water verses any kibble.
    The frozen is wonderful, and the original product. Its the only food on the market that uses vacuum to contain all the ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    I like Bil jac because the chicken by product is organ meat as you can see. And I know for a fact, the corn is actually only the pulp which is the the nutritional part of the corn. Its mostly meat, and I know the grading scale on that other report. Bil Jac doesnt fit the scale because "by products" are not in this food as far as what by products are in other foods. Also= Bil Jac makes their own verses uses a rendering plant.
    If I could get bil jac frozen I would have it. I feed raw, but I do use 1/4 of a cup of bil jac for each dog daily in case I loose power and have to feed something. I love how digestable it is, turns instantly to mush with warm water verses any kibble.
    The frozen is wonderful, and the original product. Its the only food on the market that uses vacuum to contain all the ingredients.
    No offense to you personally, I'm just saying that I would not feed my dog by products. I just think that there are so many better foods out there, some cheaper than Bil Jac. Canidae and Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's soul are great brands that are very reasonably priced.

Well here the joke- actually I feed" by products" to my dogs- and I feed raw. I feed beef intestine, lamb instestine, chicken intestine.- my point is- you have to know your source. They dont "farm" their food out to be made, and thats part of it because I know allllllllll the ingredients are listed, second- if a dog caught a rabbit in the wild- it would eat the stomach first..... They need instestine..
    And its no offense to me- I know what my dogs eat every day- because I get to see it.. I see it in the refrigerator, in the bowls.. etc etc etc...

um ok.....like I said no offense to you personally, just stating my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    um ok.....like I said no offense to you personally, just stating my opinion
    Me too honey.. I just use what works over time tells the story, and I have enough time in this food, .. I like it..

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    No offense to you personally, I'm just saying that I would not feed my dog by products. I just think that there are so many better foods out there, some cheaper than Bil Jac. Canidae and Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's soul are great brands that are very reasonably priced.
    Indeed! Chicken Soup, here, is way cheaper than Nutro, Bil Jac, Royal Canin, etc. I was really surprised. All three cats and pup eat CS (respectively).

I like all of those as well, but they are a kibble and can swell in the gut. Its just because of having deep chested dogs I cant consider another option.
    Also if I had a small dog I would feed bil jac too because the pellets in the bil jac are easier on the teeth and enamel. I fed my papillion all his life Bil Jac, and not only did he never loose any teeth, the vet commented several times how good the enamel looked on the teeth.