Thread: Wierd Behavior at Dog Park

Wierd Behavior at Dog Park

Whenever I bring my three to the dog park, Skye and Romeo tend to 'gang up' on Zoie. Especially if there isn't much going on, and I throw a ball or something for Zoie, they will run after her and especially Romeo will knock into her and grab her ears, tail, feet, etc. It isn't really playing or wrestling. Skye isn't as mouthy, and just barks obnoxiously at her, and I can usually call her away, but Romeo just won't stop until I put a leash on him. Otherwise when I call him he'll come right to me. They don't do this at home, or at my moms house where there's a larger yard... . It's getting really bad, and though Zoie has never gotten into a scuffle with any dog, she gets really ticked off and tries to tell them to back off, but they don't. They don't do that to any other dogs.

I'm getting Romeo neutered, I think next week. Hopefully that will help a bit.

Any help appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    Whenever I bring my three to the dog park, Skye and Romeo tend to 'gang up' on Zoie. Especially if there isn't much going on, and I throw a ball or something for Zoie, they will run after her and especially Romeo will knock into her and grab her ears, tail, feet, etc. It isn't really playing or wrestling. Skye isn't as mouthy, and just barks obnoxiously at her, and I can usually call her away, but Romeo just won't stop until I put a leash on him. Otherwise when I call him he'll come right to me. They don't do this at home, or at my moms house where there's a larger yard... . It's getting really bad, and though Zoie has never gotten into a scuffle with any dog, she gets really ticked off and tries to tell them to back off, but they don't. They don't do that to any other dogs.

I'm getting Romeo neutered, I think next week. Hopefully that will help a bit.

Any help appreciated!
    Your others are telling the last one, we are still in charge here. Try seperating and only taking two not 3..

Molly always does that to Mickey - she's such a *****. lol
    I REALLY hate it, but have found no way to stop it yet - I can't verbally stop her, because Mickey is so sensitive.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

In my house, since this breed is a neck biter, I tell the attacker to " sit" .. sort of like a 2 second time out, and gives them something to do for a second while we organize.
    Galina ( Zubins sister) has a nic name of " weenies".. She earned it.. She is devilish almost and loves to ambush her bigger brother Zubin. I started using "sit" command when she does this, and now she would rather stay in the fun than be isolated. I always praise the sit, but its not as much fun as running with the others..