Thread: A whole year tomorrow. :(

Hybrid View

A whole year tomorrow. :(

Wow, I can't beleive it's been so close to one year already since my grandma has passed away.

I don't think that I was a member of Pet Talk when my grandma passed away, so I'll post the story now.

Around the spring of 2005, I was told that my grandma had some tests done, and it turned out that she had a very advanced stage of cancer. Literally every day she started to decline in health even more- and on October 27, 2005, she passed away. It hurt my family and friends so badly- she was such a special person. We all were very hurt, but some part of us felt almost releived because we knew that she was no longer suffering. She was very badly suffering before she passed away- she barely had the strength to walk to the bathroom. She had to get a hospital bed in her house. I am still very hurt that she is gone- I think about her alot and cry, but I need to think of the better things- she is no longer suffering, and she is watching over me every day. I thank all of my friends that supported my family and I by prayers and thoughts during this hard time. Please continue to keep my family and I in your prayers, and I will also keep you all in my prayers. Thank you so much.

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous

Thank you for sharing your grandmother's story with us, she sounded like she was a very much loved and special person. I'm sure she was very proud of you and would be very comforted to know she is still regarded with so much love and affection. (((BIG HUGS))) for you.

I lost my Grandad earlier this year, it'll be the anniversary of his death in a few months already. I can't believe it has been that long without him The state of your grandmother sounded similar to the condition of my grandad, he was diabetic, but in his last days life was very hard for him but he passed away with dignity and peace. May we hold them both forever in our hearts.

Zimbabwe 07/13

I know how you feel. I lost my grandmother 7 years ago.. and i still miss her. She is in a better place, watching over me. I think she's my guardian angel.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I lost my grandmother 30+ years ago and I still miss her.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I don't really remember mine that well, she died when I was about 8 or 9. I was really hurt because she babysat me and my sister all the time. I loved going to her apartment to see her and I remember going and cleaning it out with my parents and my uncle, it was so sad. My mom gave me a little dog statue she had on her dresser to remember her. I love it so much.

I know exactly how you feel. I lost my grandmother almost 3 years ago to pancreatic cancer. Grandmothers are truly special and you know I am always here for you if you need to talk. (((HUGS))) you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I've experianced the feeling, also.
    My grandmum died in April '05 from Lung Cancer... actually from a heart attack. The fluid from chemo built up around her heart (or something like that)..... She was the only grandparent I'd ever had in my life (the other three died before I was born).
    ((((hugs)))) to you... the 1st anniversery is so hard.