Thread: I need your help (cross post)

I need your help (cross post)

This is posted in Cat General, but I'd like to put it here as well.

I've got a lot going on at the moment, which mostly explains explains why I haven't been around a lot. Anyway, I need some help and I hope that no one here judges me because there just is no other way right now.

I have to rehome Kimi and Maya. There are numerous reasons, all of them personal. Things in this home aren't stable. My parents have Samantha. My brother and sister-in-law will be taking Sushi and Kirin. But I haven't been able to find anyone to take the girls. I've tried family, friends and friends of friends. I've tried fliers in the vet's office and at PetSmart. I contacted several local rescues. They're not accepting any cats under any circumstances. Not a one.

Can anyone here help me? They're very sweet girls who've never been separated even for a night. Kimi is a lap kitty and will come butt your hand with her head for you to pet her. Maya is more standoffish until you get in bed and then she's right there purring next to you all night long. They're only about 18 months old. They're great girls. We adopted them at 6-8 weeks and brought them home to our other cats (6 months old at the time) and our dog, Samantha. They'd be fine in a home with other cats and dogs, once they adjusted. They're very well-rounded. Facing rehoming them has been a nightmare - 1) for the circumstances for which I need to do so; and 2) because I love them.

I know I can trust people here on PT. Whoever here who is willing to take them would take wonderful care of them and I'd still be able to "see" them.

Please know that this is absolutely destroying me. I am not someone who thinks pets are disposable. Pets are for life. But life doesn't always go exactly according to plan and the most responsible thing I can do is find another home for them where it's stable and they'll be loved and well cared for. I'd be glad to help out in any sort of transport to get them to their new mommy or daddy. I need them rehomed within two weeks.

Please, please, can someone please help me and the girls?

I am in Maryland.

Jaime

I hate that I can't help....

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!