Thread: Sheena and Luca's first home movie

Sheena and Luca's first home movie

I decided to try out my camera's home video mode. What do you think?

Nicole

Nice video! Got to love the focus on the ball; reminds me of Frankie when it's time to play. It always amazes me how great some dog's eye mouth coordination is , and it looks like both of yours have it!

Thanks. You should see when they are outside. Right now Sheena is great about staying when it is Luca's turn but Luca is rotten about staying in his spot when it is Sheena's turn to catch the ball. He just turned one so he has time still to learn it. lol Now that I know it takes good video I will take some outside one of these days.
    Nicole

Must be a German sheperd Trait,( eager to catch a ball) .

Sheena and Luca remind me so much of my daughters German Sheperds.

They'll even go nuts for sticks, anything that is thrown. I had to teach them to retrieve their catch, that took a few summers .

The older one, Hexay, is real good at bringing a ball right back and letting go of it, but the younger one, Kasha, likes to trot about and tease!!!
    All in all, I couldn't ask for a better duo , as they are generally well behaved dogs.

Kasha and Luca could pass for twins, they look so much alike!!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

They are beautiful and you have trained them well. I must admit- you are brave throwing a ball in front of a tv... lol.. With my bunch I would be afraid of doing that.. lol.. Especially my younger male who hasnt totally figured out how big he is yet.. lol..
    I love shepherds!!!

They are absolutely beautiful! I love White Shepherds and it's not much I get to see an all-black Shepherd so it was really nice. It was awesome how they sat and and lied down for the ball. And I see you're watching Dog the Bounty Hunter .

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

Great video! Thanks for sharing it I just adore your two =D They're so obedient and it's funny how their focus is 100% on the ball. You trained your gorgeous pups very, very well!

I don't know one GSD that doesn't like to play with toys... there was a GSD I knew named Max and he HATED water but he LOVED balls. One day Sarah (his owner) threw the ball into a lake... and even though he hated the water he LOVED that ball so he swam after it!!! And he did it over and over again. No he wouldn't go swimming after anything else (he'd wade for sicks though)... just the ball! Your two beautiful pups just reminded me of that =D

Quote Originally Posted by Husky15
    And I see you're watching Dog the Bounty Hunter .
    Hehe I saw you were watching that too. I love DOG the Bounty Hunter! You rock for watching him AND for training your two pups so well =D

So how do you like Pettalk? Are we making you a picture/video addict?

Great video! Luca and Sheena are so well behaved and the seem like so much fun. If I had a dog like a GSD my mom would never let them play fetch in the house.

Dorothy39 - Thanks. Sheena's sire was ball trained instead of treat treat trained. He passed that on to Sheena. She like treats but won't take them from anyone but us. And training her with treats is pointless since half the time she will take it and spit it out. She is just not interested. So she was ball trained. Made life so much easier. And training her was not only fun for me but as you can see she loves it too. She will do anything for a ball. Luca has been treat and ball trained. He has a shorter attention span then Sheena so sometimes we use treats to get him used to a command then switch to using the ball once he knows the command and just needs reinforcement.

borzoimom - Thanks. They have never even knocked into the TV so it has never been a thought.

Husky15 - Thanks. We are faithful watchers of Dog the Bonty Hunter. Even my kids will sit and watch it. Dedrick my 2yr old will jump up and down when it comes on.

zoomer - Thanks. I find the ball gets a quicker and more excited response. I love to see a dog that is excited and egare to obey then one who just obeys. I would love to compete someday with Luca in Obedience. His excitement to execute the commands is so fun to watch.

Maltese_Love - Thanks. I love to take pictures and now I am going to take more videos. lol Enough to drive everyone crazy. lol. As for playing fetch in the house the kids are not allowed to do it with teh dogs. Dedrick threw a bone through the window one day. So nope the kids have to do it outside. But we can. lol That is the joy of being the parent.
    Nicole