Hi. Ever since reading the early Oct. posting (Oct. 2nd, I think) of the Sphynx cat, Miss Siti (?), I have been wishing that my husband could live with a Sphynx, like the person who sent in his and his wife's cat, Siti, to Cat of the Day. In that posting, the husband said that he'd never had a cat because of his asthma, but that when he read about Sphynx cats being hairless, he got his wife a kitten, and it's been a love-fest ever since.

It's been my understanding that it's not a cat's fur that causes an allergic reaction; rather, it's the dander, through the cat's saliva. Do I have that right? I've been surfing the net for information on Sphynx cats and how they are for people with allergies to cats. Today I read on one site that though they might work for some people, for people with more severe allergies, they might not.

I'm wondering if any of you out there have any experience with owning a Sphynx and doing ok in spite of allergies. Any advice, anyone? (Don't say, "Get rid of the husband," because that's not an option either! How I managed to fall in love with someone who is allergic to fur, feathers, and even to turtles, I'll never know -- some kind of cosmic joke, I guess.)

Thank you--hope to hear back from people, maybe even with a glimmer of hope!