Thread: News on the apartment...

News on the apartment...

Well, it's looking good for the little hole in the wall place on Chapman Street, right around the corner from my daughter in East Hartford. I spoke with the agent at the management company this afternoon and she said that although my monthly paychecks total is $35 short per month of the amount that qualifies me, it's something they can work with. I'm SOOOO excited!!! Hopefully I'll find out before the weekend. ***doing a happy dance*** I can't wait to move closer to my kid and my jobs. It'll be small, but hopefully after I've been there a year, the management company will see what a good tenant I am, and rent me something a little bigger with a REAL fridge.

***SIGH***

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

It's looking good for you Donna!!!!

Thumbs are up, that's for sure!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Small steps, small steps, but in the right direction.

Does the oven door at least open all the way? Our last apartment had the teensiest kitchen ever - I could clean the entire floor with two squirts of cleaner and one paper towel. The worst part was that one could only open the oven door about 5 inches. I have a scar on my right hand where, when trying to put something fairly liquid into the oven, the base of my thumb bumped the heating element! Yowwwwch! Needless to say, didn't do much baking in that oven!

The stove is small but I don't care. The fridge I'm gonna have to replace with an refurbished apartment sized one. There's no way I can use that dorm sized fridge with the freezer the size of an ice cube tray. It just won't cut it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

That's great!! I'm so happy for you. We need pictures!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

It's sounding good for our nearly and homeless pet talkers May you and Gina enjoy your new homes.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

When is the "housewarming" party?... I am glad you are so thrilled about this.

We are all thrilled with/for you!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Did you get any social services help? Or your brother? You are gonna need food and fuel for your car.

It's sounding better all the time, Donna!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    The stove is small but I don't care. The fridge I'm gonna have to replace with an refurbished apartment sized one. There's no way I can use that dorm sized fridge with the freezer the size of an ice cube tray. It just won't cut it.

Oooh - do you have a Sears "scratch and dent" outlet near you? There's one in Shrewsbury, MA that has appliances much cheaper, all because of literally a dent (usually on a side that no one will see) or an odd color or something else that's purely cosmetic. You could also put a "Wanted" on your local Freecycle, somebody might hav a spare fridge ...

Of course, soon it'll be winter, and cold enough to just put some things out on a windowsill or balcony if you have one - they'll stay plenty chilled!

oooh, that was you over there across the street dancing! hey, if I got my home today then you gotta get that one too! oh I so hope for you!

not sure if I missed somewhere but all of your (4?) cats gonna be with you still, right? anyway, let us know as soon as you hear! and let's hope it'll be your 10,000th post! *..tap..tap..tap..*

(((hoping, hoping and hoping!)))
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Hey Donna...I swear I'll call you this week..(I got on a one handed cleaning spree and if I stop, I don't continue)

Anyhoo...CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so relieved the management company will work with you. Sometimes people can be so nice when you least expect it. Yay! that your kitties will be with you! I hope this step up the happy ladder will help you feel better and be less stressed. I'm always so thrilled when I hear good news from you (and Gina). Luv ya!

I've been Boooo'd!

Karen,

Actually, I'm going to talk to the management company and see if they have any fridges hanging around that aren't being used. If not, I'll probably go to a place that refurbishes appliances, or look in the classifieds.

Catty1,

Yes, I'm applying for food stamps. My application for Title 19 is being processed. Haven't heard from SSD yet, but I don't expect to for some time. Since my brother will be helping me with my rent, I'll be able to put my paychecks away for stuff like gas, car insurance, car repairs (another shoe dropped this morning but that's a whole other issue).

K9Karen,

I'll try and call you, since I get free nights and weekends. It won't be till this weekend though, because I'm working at Petco for the rest of the week and going to the Pet Expo on Sunday.

Fingers and paws crossed over here! I know once you're in they'll love you as a tenant!