Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peej *Surgery update*

Peej *Surgery update*

Hi everyone,

I know it's been awhile since I posted much of anything, but I still lurk almost everyday and thought that some of you might like to know the latest on Peej and his "boo boo" eye.

His eye doctor and I decided last month that it's best for Peej to get off the steroids he's been on to keep his eye under control. So, this Friday he will have his left eye removed. It's supposed to be a fairly easy procedure...he'll go in at 9:00am and be home by 2:00pm. He'll have to be kept quiet for a week or so to let the incision heal.

I keep telling myself that he's not using the eye anyway (he's now 95% blind), and that it looks really bad and that he'll be better off without it.

That doesn't keep me from getting sad when I think about him losing it.

Please pray for my boy and I'll try to get some pics posted as soon as I can.
    Last edited by PJ's Mom; 10-27-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Awwww! Of course we'll keep Peej in our thoughts!! Glad to see ya post

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

It's nice to hear from you. I'm sorry Peej has to lose his eye. I will keep him in my prayers that everything goes well. I miss seeing Peej. Please keep us updated.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by PJ's Mom
    Hi everyone,

I know it's been awhile since I posted much of anything, but I still lurk almost everyday and thought that some of you might like to know the latest on Peej and his "boo boo" eye.

His eye doctor and I decided last month that it's best for Peej to get off the steroids he's been on to keep his eye under control. So, this Friday he will have his left eye removed. It's supposed to be a fairly easy procedure...he'll go in at 9:00am and be home by 2:00pm. He'll have to be kept quiet for a week or so to let the incision heal.

I keep telling myself that he's not using the eye anyway (he's now 95% blind), and that it looks really bad and that he'll be better off without it.

That doesn't keep me from getting sad when I think about him losing it.

Please pray for my boy and I'll try to get some pics posted as soon as I can.
    I will put your baby in prayer. I am not sure what happened, but I trust my vet, and I am sure you trust yours as well... !

Dawn, I was just refreshing PT one more time before going to bed, just about turned my monitor off and then saw the name "Peej" in the index.

It's so great to hear from you and I have been wondering how everyone is doing?

I'm sure Peej will do fine and will certainly adjust to it well as his vision wasn't great in that eye to begin with. I will be thinking of the both of you tomorrow - stay strong for your boy!

Hugs to all of you....

Kay

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Thanks everyone.

Kay, it's great to see you. I'm surprised you still have time to post with everything going on. Thank God Kiara was found safe and sound. Give all your babies hugs and kisses from me.

As promised, here are some pics.

Peej and his boo boo eye...

and of course Bailey is dropping in too.

That's all for now.

Pooooooooooor baby!!! In prayer for sure but I am sure he will feel better after the operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Dawn, I was just refreshing PT one more time before going to bed, just about turned my monitor off and then saw the name "Peej" in the index.

It's so great to hear from you and I have been wondering how everyone is doing?

I'm sure Peej will do fine and will certainly adjust to it well as his vision wasn't great in that eye to begin with. I will be thinking of the both of you tomorrow - stay strong for your boy!

Hugs to all of you....

Kay
    Did you loose your baby? I am sorry- I dont know but HALLELUIA!!! LOL..

I was so happy to see a post from you, Dawn! I've missed seeing you, Peej, and Bailey around.

I'm sure Peej will be just fine and will adjust extremely easily.
    Good luck! Please try to update as as to how he's doing afterwards.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

awww poor Peej!
    I hope he feels better soon! And hugs all around
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

It's so good to hear from you, Dawn! I will pray that Peej will be okay with one eye. I know how hard it must be on you. (((HUGS))) your babies are beautiful as always. stop by more often and keep your chin up girl!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I, too, am very happy to hear from you again, Dawn. However, I am sorry that it is under such stressful circumstances for you. I will definitely keep PJ (and you) in my thoughts and prayers. I have heard of so many dogs leading normal, happy lives after having an eye removed. I am sure that PJ will do fine, too. Especially with such a wonderful family to help him recover.

I sure have missed seeing your cute duo. It has been way too long since I have been able to send virtual hugs to that pretty Bailey. Please pass along some hugs to her from Ginger and I, and then give some to that very brave Peej.

I'm sorry that PJ has to lose the eye. If he can't see with it anyway, he'll probably feel better without it. Sometimes dogs don't let us know when something bothers them.

You might be surprised how quickly he recovers. I think it was only a week after my dog Bear had both eyes removed that he was perky and happy.

Sending prayers for an uncomplicated operation!

It's good to hear from you again. I'm sorry that PeeJ has to have this sirjury but I think that in the end it will be the best thing for him. Years ago, when I was 12, (yes, many years ago ) my father had to have an eye removed. At the time I wasn't told why, and I am sure it was because I would have been too young to understand. Now I wish that I did know, as for the past 12 years I have been working for an ophthalmologist and have a little understanding about such things. My dad did just fine except for hanging up his car keys and I do believe this is a decision that is not entered into hastily either by a vet or human ophthalmologist. I know from my current employment that long-term use of steroids has a detrimental effect and they should only be used temporarily. When my own boss prescribes them it is always to taper and discontinue eventually. I am glad he will be able to go off the meds, and I know he will do fine, so the ((((hugs)))) are for you.

"Dont find yourself up a creek without a poodle"... rofl! Thats great!