Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scratching sores open, help!!!

Well neosporin does has a pain reliever that is safe as I found out with Hottie when he stepped on a hot ember before we got the woodstove verses a fireplace..

Just wanted to let you know after a long search, I found a vet that will take payments. So I am going to be able to at last take my Pip in to see some one. I am just relived that I can get some help for him now. The generic Neosporin I have been putting on him, has been working. But I want to make certain that nothing else is wrong with him. Thanks for all your helpful ideas.

In this catolog you will find some wonderful Holistic products to cease these actions forever!!!! I can't stress enough about Holistic health care products.

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/catalogue/catDog.pdf
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

Thats good stuff!

Update: Pippen is doing so much better. The wound he had from the burn is healing very well. It isn't angry red any more either. He is on some antibiotics and an ointment to take care of the wound it's self. He is much happier now. I think he will be even more excited when he is able to stop having me fuss over him every morning and night. He hates the bandages I have to leave on him. The vet said that his hair may never come back. But some one told me of a product called Hair of the dog, or at least I think that was the name. Dose any one know of a product called that, and if it really works? The person who told me about this product, said it would help with making the wound have less scar tissue. And help grow back the hair in the area where the wound was. I just want to find out if there is any such product out there that works that well? Thanks for all the help you have been, and any more help I may receive. God bless.

It works great! Here is the link of testimonies, and you will see me on there as well. Femka had a 4 year old scar on her nose, and you can barely see it now.. http://www.docsblend.com/H-Testimonials.html

Borziomom, I have a few more questions on (hair of the dog) I use to give my two Chihuahua's and my two cats Missing Link. It is said to help with the hair and skin just like your Hair of the Dog does. I used it, and for a bit it worked. But after about 2 weeks on the stuff, both my dogs and cats had real bad smelling bowl and pee movements. I took them off the ML, and the bad smell stopped. I don't know why my pets reacted this way. Nor does my vet. I know that Pippen had that same bad smelling pee when I fed him Greenies. So of course I stopped feeding it to him. I just want to make certain I wont get that same reaction from this Hair of the Dog. Do you know if the Missing Link has the same ingredients as your Hair of the dog? I was thinking it might have had something to do with the high protein that the ML had in it. My dogs and cats are good at drinking a good amount of water. So I know it had nothing to do with not getting enough water. Does Hair of the Dog have a lot of protein in it? I also was told by another person who breeds Chi's. That Pippen more then likely wont get his hair to grow back. No matter what you put on it. Does this stuff work for deep burns? Sorry for the 20/20 questions, I just want to make certain I am giving them a good product.

No Missing link is more of a vitamin and lower on omega 6 and 3's and also Missing link has preservatives and Hair of the dog doesnt..

Does Hair of the Dog have to be refrigerated? Missing Link had to be put in the refrigerator so that it wouldn't spoil. I read that Hair of the Dog has 20% protein in it. What type of protein is it? Thanks for bearing with me on this, I know I ask a lot of questions. But with out asking, how can you learn.

Quote Originally Posted by frawri
    Does Hair of the Dog have to be refrigerated? Missing Link had to be put in the refrigerator so that it wouldn't spoil. I read that Hair of the Dog has 20% protein in it. What type of protein is it? Thanks for bearing with me on this, I know I ask a lot of questions. But with out asking, how can you learn.
    No it doesnt. Its also a digestable protein..

How can I get some of this stuff? I know they have their web site, but is it in any stores like PetSmart? I would like to avoid having to pay for shipping and handeling if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by frawri
    How can I get some of this stuff? I know they have their web site, but is it in any stores like PetSmart? I would like to avoid having to pay for shipping and handeling if I can.
    You order it on line.