Thread: Red Ear Slider Hatchling

Red Ear Slider Hatchling

I just bought a red ear slider hatchling....(If i can find out how to get pics from iPhoto onto here I will post them) and I have been looking online and researching them. If anyone can help me with them or have had past expierences with them, I will take any and all tips!
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!
    In two short months I will have my dream horse, Cesar!

You do know they can to ALOT of work, right?
    First, what kind of habitat do you have him in now?

I know...I had a box turtle before...except he was full grown...

right now I have him in a plastic container with rocks and a heating pad underneath to warm the water. I change his water every day to prevent eye infections...I have little hatchling pellets...for food...but he doesn't seem interested in eating them...(I assume it's a male...) I have the heating pad because im from PA...and it's cold here...and I'm getting a lamp tomorrow...and I have a makeshift one for tonight...
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!

Maybe try some white turkey lunchmeat? Sometimes they don't eat because the water isn't warm enough... but I'd assume it would be warm enough if it had a heating pad..

okay...i'll get my brother to feed him any meat...im a vegitarian...lol...when I got him he came with tiny brown pellets...could it be that he isn't eating right away because he was stressed from the shipping tot eh reptile show?

He very well could just be adjusting to his new home. Though when I had my RES for a short time, he ate on the second day.
    Is there any way you could check the temp. of the water?

On a side note, I'm a vegetarian, also. I still feel my pets meat by myself, as I don't mind sacrificing my comfort for the well-being of my pet. =)

okay...since the light has been on and the heating pad has warmed it up drastically...and my mom hjad her window open. :P so the house is warm and so is the water...it's in the 80's...he loves it! As for food...I haven't noticed any pellets missing so if he doesn't eat by tomorrow morning I will put in some turkey so he has time to eat it and I don't monitor him just overnight...