Thread: Charges Loom in Dog Mauling - Mason, MI

Charges Loom in Dog Mauling - Mason, MI

The poor girl is probably scarred for life.... and by the articles standpoint... which doesn't reveal much... I can't see how it's the owners fault at all. It's just a tragic accident..

Charges Loom in Dog Mauling
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

It does sound like just a tragic accident Kimmy, I agree. The dog was 11 years old and was raised with the children too.
    How sad. It sounds like they are trying to make an example of this dog's owner and that doesn't seem fair....
    I hope it all works out.....

*nods* I was so surprised to see it on the front page of the paper in the staff lounge. (then I went looking online)

The paper even shows a before pic of the girl.

I really hope they don't make an example out of the aunt. I'll keep tabs on this story.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I am the girl who was mauled in this accident. I understand where you are coming from, tahat it doesn't seem like it was my aunts fault. I just wanted to fill you in on details that the paper or the news may not have added. This all could have been prevented if my aunt had filled the dogs prescription for his seizure medication. It is her fault and we did make an example out of her to show owners of animals that you dont want to let this happen to your animals. this accident has caused several health issues for me that i have lived with for almost 11 years. I have no bone in my nose, I have scars around my eyes from the accident, i have scars from the facial reconstruction surgeries i have had. I just want you to understand all of the details so i can show you, this all happened from a choice that my aunt made. This os her fault and unfortunately me and my parents made the mistake of forgiving her for it. She doesnt check to see how im doing ever and she acts like it never happened. She has changedc my life greatly. I put the blame fully on her.

Welcome to Pet Talk, we are glad you know better than to blame the dog. So many people just see "pit bull" and rush to judgement without knowing the facts. We are sorry you continue to suffer for HER mistake.
    I've Been Frosted