Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Anybody else out there suffer from this? If you don't know what it is, you definitely DON'T have it!
    I was doing OK for a while until my wrist accident, now it's in full agonizing gear from stress. I'm getting medical records as far back as possible and letters from the rheumatologist and it'll be added in with my law suit.
    Just curious. Oh, and OUCH!

I've been Boooo'd!

Not familiar with it but sorry to hear that you're having that. Just what you need, another problem! I hope you can rid yourself of a lot of pain very soon. I know you must be really tired of it.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Fibromyalgia

Yep sure do, and if that doesn't suck enough, I also have MS..... But I do have it under control now. I was postively disabled for a while. Now it's mainly the chronic fatigue that gets me. Mine started from exposure to toxic chemicals.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/DS00079

My Dad had it (amongst other things ). It seems to find its way to those who already have enough to cope with.

Hope the above link is of some help to you - big hugs
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

My sister has it.... . There is a possibility that I have it too, but it is not proven yet
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks so much for bringing this up Karen. I have recently come to the conslusion that Fibromyalgia is the only thing that describes what I've had for years. My doctor doesn't really buy into it, as I found out at my annual physical last month. I wasn't thrilled or satisfied with his answers. What do I need to do to find out if this is what I suffer from? I made an appointment with a rheumatologist to get the ball rolling, at the advice of a friend. However, they can't see me until January, 2007. This morning I go for more bloodwork to narrow a few more things down. I knew of no other course besides process of elimination. What does one do to find out if they really have it? I would love some advice from people that already know. Thanks

I'm so sorry to hear you have it on top of everything else. What a brave soul you are!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Gentle {hugs} to you Karen and the others that suffer with this.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah
    Thanks so much for bringing this up Karen. I have recently come to the conslusion that Fibromyalgia is the only thing that describes what I've had for years. My doctor doesn't really buy into it, as I found out at my annual physical last month. I wasn't thrilled or satisfied with his answers. What do I need to do to find out if this is what I suffer from? I made an appointment with a rheumatologist to get the ball rolling, at the advice of a friend. However, they can't see me until January, 2007. This morning I go for more bloodwork to narrow a few more things down. I knew of no other course besides process of elimination. What does one do to find out if they really have it? I would love some advice from people that already know. Thanks

I'm so sorry to hear you have it on top of everything else. What a brave soul you are!!
    A rheumatologist is the only doc who is trained to find out! Try a younger doc, the older ones sometimes don't support this
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks Lut!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Ny heart goes out to you and all the people who suffer with this! ((((HUGS))))

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Yes, I have it. It along with my arthritis insures I'm miserable most of the time!!!

I'm so glad I have Pet Talk to take my mind off the pain.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What types of meds do the doctors prescribe for the pain? Is there any medication that takes care of such horrible bouts of pain?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah
    What types of meds do the doctors prescribe for the pain? Is there any medication that takes care of such horrible bouts of pain?
    Thankfully, I was first diagnosed 30+ years ago by a young rheumatologist who believed in it and was fascinated by it. It is one of the hardest ailments to diagnose. Blood work may show "sed" levels up, but mostly that's for arthrisits (I also have OA)
    I started with "Elavil", like a sleeping pill but I was too groggy and couldn't wait for 2 weeks for my body to adjust. The severe pain causes restless sleep, so of course you wake up feeling worse, and fatigued.

Celebrex, Bextra, Vioxx, all the good stuff, taken off the market helped with my bursitis, but barely, Cortisone shots in my hips, shoulders help a bit.

There are pressure points that doctors use to diagnose..chest (I sometimes get lumps), inside the elbows, wrists, ankles, shoulder blades. Moist heat helps as well as gentle physical therapy. But sometimes you feel so bad, you don't even want to go to therapy! One orthopedic sarcastically told me I had the "yuppy disease". He also misdiagnosed my spine/neck problems, caused worse damage with wrong PT so I dumped him like a hot potato. See ya, bye bye, stupid clod.

My fibro seems to worsen with stress (Zoloft not helping-wish there was a pill that erases bad memories) and when the seasons change, especially the fall. Honestly, since my spine has just started to bother me again (where I had surgery) I do take pain killers at night before bed.

Not only that, I was feeling much better with my life in all aspects until my wrist accident. AND I have TMJ so bad I take
    muscle relaxers at night.

Not to worry though. I guess I sound like a sicko. I have a lot to deal with, but we all do. I have great friends (you guys) girlfriends of 50 years, John and my Logabeanie. I'll feel better, but it just seems like it takes forever!

I've been Boooo'd!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    Yes, I have it. It along with my arthritis insures I'm miserable most of the time!!!

I'm so glad I have Pet Talk to take my mind off the pain.
    THAT TOTALLY SUCKS BIG TIME! I'M WITH YA BABE!!!
    GENTLE CYBER HUGS.....

I've been Boooo'd!

Thanks for the information Karen. I just don't know how you do it. You truly are amazing! I took Elavil a couple of years ago and it took me a month and a half until I felt like I wasn't hungover the next day. Those things are really strong. I have a friend that takes one every night to help her sleep. She was lucky too, in that she found a young doctor in Key West to diagnose her Fibromyalgia. She takes Celebrex and does ok with it but some days, she can barely get around. I tested normal for rheumatoid arthritis in my tests from yesterday. My sedimentation levels are very high and I guess that means my osteoarthritis is getting worse. I just talked to a lady at the pharmacy that takes Lyrica. She has osteoporosis, scoliosis, and two herniated discs. She said the Lyrica is working so far. It amazes me how many of us are in excruciating pain all the time. There has to be some relief somewhere!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!