Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What weird things does your dog play with???

What weird things does your dog play with???

My border collie dosent play with ne thing weird but my brothers GSD does .....welll its not really weird but he likes playing with 1 of my old shoes....does you dog play with any thing that a dog wouldnt normallly play with or the weird way he plays with it??if you have a pic of your dog in action send it or your dog just being cute with the toy...ttul tt4n

Kayla
    ~Kay&Chewy~

FCA(Future Cledus's of America)
    FTC(Future Twister Chaser)
    FCR(Frer. Critter Ranch)
    FFA(Future Farmers of America)

My dog Buddy who is yellow lab/husky loves playing with a big
    plastic watering can! She took it over last summer and she is playing with it again this summer. She carries it around by the handle. Sorry no pic yet.

Sammi,
    have you ever posted a pic of Buddy before? I would love to see a pic of a lab/husky mix!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

"Weird"? Roxey plays with quite a few weird things. One of the funniest things is insects! She loves them. At night when we are out, she is always scouting the porch for any type of insect. Then she'll grab them, and try to throw them! Till finally it's dead, then, this is the weird part, she'll eat them! Spiders, and junebugs are the most gross I can't stand spiders, and the junebugs are crunchy!
    And for some reason, she likes toilet paper rolls! We just lay them beside the toilet and she always comes & gets them!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

lol a water can???thats a new one....insects lol pets can find play with some if the weridest things,and this make them even funnier and cuter......my bros cat used to play with insects she would do the same thing roxey does,cept i dont think she did any thing to spiders,mostly grass hoppers (ugghh!) well i g2g ttul tt4n

Kayla
    ~Kay&Chewy~

FCR(Frer. Critter Ranch)

The funniest was when our dog was a puppy she got a 2 liter bottle of coke that was on the floor. She knocked it over and began to roll it around and bark at it. We thought is was hilarious until her puppy teeth punctured and it started spewing fountains all over the livingroom. She loved it even more then!
    Deb & Dave

"Most dog owners are at length able to teach themselves to obey their dog."--Robery Morley

hey
    lol....sounds like your pup had lots of fun with the coke....lol i can see sport doing that well g2g ttul tt4n

Kayla
    ~Kay&Chewy~

FCR(Frer. Critter Ranch)

Humm, I'm not sure if this is "werid" to you but it's something special about my dog, Mocha...because I never have seen other dogs playing with sand before! She always get excited if she caught a crumb of sand flew over from my shoe while I walk once we arrive at the beach. It just grabbed her attention and she would demand me to throw a ball of sand again, and over again. Once upon a time, Mocha and I played with sand for over 3 hours, it was so unbelievable that she never stop playing! She ended up had about a pound of sand inside her stomach - I was scared if she'd get sick but no...she had the sand out when she did her business..it's wayyyy better than smelling the regular one! jk... You should try it with your dog, s/he'll love it! I try to throw a ball of sand on my east side, then north, west then south, she'll kept on going in circle and circle and cirlce! You gotta go fast!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Originally posted by anna_66
    "Weird"? Roxey plays with quite a few weird things. One of the funniest things is insects! She loves them. At night when we are out, she is always scouting the porch for any type of insect. Then she'll grab them, and try to throw them! Till finally it's dead, then, this is the weird part, she'll eat them! Spiders, and junebugs are the most gross I can't stand spiders, and the junebugs are crunchy!
    And for some reason, she likes toilet paper rolls! We just lay them beside the toilet and she always comes & gets them!
    LOL sounds like Nebo! Must be a husky thing. He loves to attack bugs. Last time I brought him to work with me he ate a cricket. It was nasty...you know those big brown crickets they have at pet stores? Yeah, we ALWAYS have them in the grooming....and I looked over and there's Nebo...doesn't just eat it though...no, he tortures the poor thing. He grabs it, spits it out, grabs it again, paws at it, etc. He is also OBSESSED with toilet paper! Except he doesn't just play with it...he likes to *eat* it!

Nebo also loves to play with just about anything, but plastic bottles have to be one of his favorites. When we're done with a 2 liter of pop I always take off the label and rinse it out...let him play with it for a while. Sometimes I'll even take the lid off and put dog treats in it!

whenever we take mickey in from his "potty" he runs to the nearest slipper, picks it up and makes a mad dash to the living room. lol, we look crazy chasing him i've also seen him a few times with some kibble. he'll put it on the floor and then play with it and pretend to pounce on it. lol..silly doggies

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

SAND? LoL I should try that with Chewy....
    primabella -LOL I can see yall now running around the yard because Mickey has a pair of Slippers!
    wolf_Q -"Sometimes I'll even take the lid off and put dog treats in it!"....Sounds like a good idea.....My aunts Lab would play with coke bottles!!And our cat would eat crickets!!ewww
    -Kay-

FCRDCC
    ~Kay&Chewy~

FCR(Frer. Critter Ranch)

Chewy LOVES soda bottles to! I'm gonna try putting treats in them now. Hee hee. Weirdest thing Chewy plays with is The rats. THye have a game going where he will crouch towards the cage and all the rats will run to the second story and line up and then get into position and pounce then they all run and hide. Chewy hides under the bed and the rats usually make a mad dash for the hat. LOL it is so funny, it goes on for hours! Chewy plays with almost anything to, if its on the floor, its his!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Ok, this is the girls new play toys

They have resorted to tearing up the downspouts on the porch There "were" big tubes to let the water drain into the yard & not the bushes, but the other day they tore both of them off and took them out into the yard & started playing with them. Needless to say, this is not the kind of "toys" they should be playing with, daddy was very upset But come on, who could stay mad at these faces?

I mean really

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Hercules love to play with 2 liter coke bottles. He tries to bite them and he pounces on them and they go flying across the room.

When Zeus is hyper he'll grab anything to play with.

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

Re: Ok, this is the girls new play toys

Originally posted by anna_66
    They have resorted to tearing up the downspouts on the porch There "were" big tubes to let the water drain into the yard & not the bushes, but the other day they tore both of them off and took them out into the yard & started playing with them. Needless to say, this is not the kind of "toys" they should be playing with, daddy was very upset But come on, who could stay mad at these faces?
    I couldn't stay mad! Nebo likes to "fix" things around our yard also. When the pooper scooper (which btw he hadn't touched since we got him in july but decided it was fun to play with about a month ago) started appearing in strange places with teethmarks in it, I had to resort to keeping it on top of the dog run. He finds things under our deck (shovels, old dog toys, who knows what) and drags them out....yesterday he pulled these things on our deck that hold plants...dragging that around the yard. He's been slowly chewing off the rope holding the tarp over the patio furnature. He prunes the trees...really! It's quite funny....not a single tree now has a branch lower then about 4 feet, they are all chewed off and in random places in the yard. Oh Nebo, you are SO helpful, thanks!!

EVERYTHING is a Nebo toy!