Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think this would be a good place for us ?

Do you think this would be a good place for us ?

Hi everyone...

I am one of a group of quite a few animal lovers/rescuers/welfare&rights advocates and transporters...

we are all active in rescue, transport, foster and in issues involving furbabies rights and welfare....and their health, happiness and care....

we are a diverse group, some concentrate on transport, some on holistic alternative treatments for our furbabies, some on fostercare, but we all share an incredible love for these beloved creatures of God , that deserve so much more than they often get......
    we feel we owe it to them, for the miracles that they are, and their unconditional devotion of us....

is this site open to discussing issues like breeding, cat declawing, exotics kept in captivity , etc ?

are you open to seeing transport and rescue needs ???

we are looking for a new place to call home...

what are your feelings ??

WELCOME TO PET TALK!!! This is the place to be, to brag about your furbabies, get advice on all sorts of topics, and meet new, wonderful people who share a passion for their pets.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

This is definitely a great place to brag about the furkids!

There is another group that concentrates heavily on the transport/rescue side of it too and it is www.acmepettransport.com . Both sites are excellent and are not tied totally to animals. Both are there as support as well for pets, other family, political...etc..

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

hey you two...

oh how very refreshing !!

just your sigs alone are so welcoming !!!!

we are leaving the site we have been frequently because they dont let us talk about the issues of NOT BREEDING , BUYING OR SELLING ...but ADOPTING !! because of the horrific pet overpopulation..and other important animal welfare issues..
    because they fear so much a heated debate....

and thanks for that other link....mugsey...I will sure check it out....

Quote Originally Posted by trezurdelites
    hey you two...

oh how very refreshing !!

just your sigs alone are so welcoming !!!!

we are leaving the site we have been frequently because they dont let us talk about the issues of NOT BREEDING , BUYING OR SELLING ...but ADOPTING !! because of the horrific pet overpopulation..and other important animal welfare issues..
    because they fear so much a heated debate....

and thanks for that other link....mugsey...I will sure check it out....
    Oh then you will be especially welcomed here!!

facebook

I think this is exactly what you are looking for. If you have done any lurking here, you already know that so WELCOME TO PET TALK!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

You are certainly welcome here. There are people here willing to discuss all sorts of issues, you will find that it is a wide-ranging group, but pretty unified on some things - declawing being bad, adoption being good, and what we all DO have in common is the love we have for pets - ours and others. There are individual forums set up for DOg Rescue, for example, where transport requests often go, for Cat Health, peruse a bit, okay?

My current pet, by the way, is Miss Hoppy - she's the little brown bunny you see as my avatar.

Welcome! You'll find a very diverse population here of animal lovers. I myself am involved in cat rescue and am a dog trainer on the side

I have 5 tabby cats and a huge mutt who is queen of the catnapper castle.

Please tell us about yourself!!

My husband and I have 8 rescue dogs and are heavily involved in transport (we drive and I coordinate) and getting animals out of shelters and into rescue. Over the last 5 years, we have probably saved about 1000 animals from being killed. I work with many rescues all over the Midwest and East Coast. I am with you on the de-clawing thing and spay/neuter has GOT to be taught. I am also deadset against docking and cropping of tails and ears. So, there you have it...I'm a fruitloop when it comes to this!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I cannot tell you how wonderful this is to hear ppl voicing their opinions on issues of breeding, cat declawing and docking etc...
    as the site that my friends and I have been on, censors the posts about these issue so much, because they dont want a HEATED discussion..

I will definately tell my friends about this place....!!!!!!

catnapper Hi, do you do TNR where you are ??? I do TNR here and its all FREE, theres a wonderful program called operation catnip, that SN ferals for free and gives them their shots.....I am in alachua county Florida....

Mugsey....I have 3 dogbabies..

Sirius....a white shepheard pryraness mix who is blind and an addisonian..
    she is 6 years old and very happy and healthy and if I didnt tell you she was blind , you would never know by the way she gets around !!! she is very nurturing and maternal to all creatures and is a very special furbaby..

Sampson....a rottie mix who is almost 11 years old......he is a noble guy who is very proud...LOL.....and is my protector and he I am his world.....

Neo who is almost 2 years old...and is a lhasa/terr mix and such a gentle soul....he is very special and a real sweetheart...

I have 7 catfurbabies, special, gremlin, marvin, peeper, baby, honeybunny, and tara.....they all have stories but I dont want to make this post toooo toooo long !!!

right now I have 3 dogbabies that I rescued....one has a forever home and is recovering from a spay she just had, and will go to her wonderful new family in a few days.....
    2 I took in when I found them in a thunderstorm will be looking for new families to love them...

I also have a parakeet that I have here temporily that I got from a FREE PET AD.....I always call the free pet ads as theres such a danger , and I tell the folks about them.....and this parakeet named POOPIE, I will be finding a forever home for him also...

I have 2 red lore amazons that I rescued and they are in love with each other and very happy and live in a large outside aviary here on my property in fla....

DO you all post pics on this site ?????

and thanks for asking !!!!

oh and mugsy....

one of my friends is veryyy active in organizing and doing transports also...

I will surely tell her to pop in here, and maybe you both can help each other...

Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm sure you will enjoy it here, we always enjoy reading stories (especially a good rescue story) and looking at pictures!

You can see all of my pets in my signature. I'm owned by a JRT mix and 4 cats!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Saying hello to Trez

Hi Trez *waving hello* Thank you so much for sending me the link to this site. Am going to look around a little bit and scope it out.

waving back !!! GOB.... glad you found your way..

I'm still looking around myself as I just found this place...!

Actually, pictures are a pre-requisite!! Only kidding, but we'd LOVE to see pictures of all your furkids.

I'm owned by 3 furkids and one bald dude (a hairless cat named MooShoo). Moo is my soulmate. All are rescues. 2 from bad breeders I've been in rescue for about 10 years but am currently taking a break from it.

*jumping up and down* Oh, goody goody goody!!! A new member!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!