Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need money, immediately. Seriously. GOOD UPDATE!!!!

I need money, immediately. Seriously. GOOD UPDATE!!!!

I am trying to raise some emergency funds to cover a surgery on a 4 month old Pom puppy. This puppy broke her front left leg in such a way that it needs pins and a plate. This young lady doesn't seem to have ANY cash (yet, she has two dogs- I know, I know). This dog broke her leg last Friday- 4 days ago!!!!!

Anyhow, it is a client's employee. I told the client I would put up $200. The employer will put up some cash, and we are trying to find someone to do the surgery without full payment. NOT working so well. We found one vet that will do a payment plan, with a signficant downpayment.

IF you can help, please pm me with the amount. I will put it all on my credit card, IF I can get most of it promised to....

I am sorry if this sounds coarse or crude, but, four days is WAY too long to let this puppy suffer. The deal is I will ONLY give the money to the clinic, not to the young lady.

If you can help....thanks in advance.

Johanna
    Last edited by Cataholic; 10-18-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Have you checked IMOM.org?

They are great too!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh man, I wish I could help -- this sounds awful! Bless your heart for putting up $200 for the puppy.

Uppiedate: First, thank you to the very kind people that responded. Your willingness to commit for someone that you don't even know will be a blessing returned to you tenfold, I know it!

I talked to my client. The sir jury is set for tomorrow 8am, thank GOD for this poor puppy. The client is going to front the money, and deduct it from her paycheck, presuming she puts up her rent money as the dp. So, the donations are on hold, until further notice.

I will let you know how things go. Prayers for the little bitty Pom!!

Of course, prayers on the way. Poor pup!

I just wanted to let you know that we still do not have a definite decision made about the puppy. Dave wanted me to let you know that he did not feel comfortable loaning her the full $650 but he did tell her that you were willing to loan $200 and that he would loan her the rest. He wants her to know that this is a loan and she will be expected to pay both of you back. She is having a lot of financial problems and she is planning on using her mortgage payment to pay for the other half of the bill. I don't think that she is very responsible with her money and she's saying that her water is going to be shut off and her rented furniture is going to be repossessed, so Dave wants her to think about her financial situation first, because she also has a six year old little girl. I will let you know what they decide, but I'm pretty sure she will still go ahead with the surgery.

CRAP!

fwiw, is she willing to surrender the puppy to rescue? Perhaps get in touch with Pom rescues (I doubt they will help with $$ - but may be able to take him in and provide appropriate medical attention). I would be very cautious about donating money to someone who let their puppy sit for four days with a broken bone.

http://americanpomeranianclub.org/rescue_contacts.htm

Oh that poor dog Let me know what happens, if you still need donations for her I may be able to help. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by lwds
    fwiw, is she willing to surrender the puppy to rescue? Perhaps get in touch with Pom rescues (I doubt they will help with $$ - but may be able to take him in and provide appropriate medical attention). I would be very cautious about donating money to someone who let their puppy sit for four days with a broken bone.

http://americanpomeranianclub.org/rescue_contacts.htm

FYI-and ONLY to make sure people know: you would be donating money to ME, and I would make sure it went to the vet/surgeon. I, too, wouldn't donate the money to her.....and while lwds might not know me, I **hope** I have the trust of other members on this board.

Alright. This is the final decision. I will 'donate' the $200.00. Her boss is coming up with $250.00, and the young lady has decided to re-route her mortgage payment. The boss will deduct money each week from her paycheck, and he and I will be paid back, over time. So, for the lovelies that offered to help, thank you, but, we will decline at this point. Thanks again for being there.

The puppy is going in for sir jury tomorrow- Tuesday.

Thank you for the update! So relieved to know that the poor pup is getting taken care of soon. Prayers for a quick recovery on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    FYI-and ONLY to make sure people know: you would be donating money to ME, and I would make sure it went to the vet/surgeon. I, too, wouldn't donate the money to her.....and while lwds might not know me, I **hope** I have the trust of other members on this board.
    But she still has custody of the dog, right?

What would happen if another emergency occurred? That's why I would be cautious on donating. I feel for the dog - I really do (and that's why I feel s/he would be better in rescue.. where I WOULD feel more comfortable donating), but speaking for myself, I would not want to donate money to a dog that will stay in an abusive home. Yes, I feel the home is abusive. I cannot see how anyone, rich or poor, could leave an injured dog for four days without medical attention. It's not about trusting you or not.

Who's on First?

Yess ... NO ... Maybe ... ???

I got lost ... DO we or Don't we need MUNNIE for the Pom Phund??

If we do - count on us for some ... and HOW?
    Check, cash, PayPal, or Pound of Flesh via courier?

Just a bit
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

I agree. First things first, this puppy needs to be fixed up. Secondly, he needs to find a loving home who is suitable to pay for his well-being.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Keep us up dated on the little fella~ We are willing to contribute funds if they are needed.

Prayers for that Sweet Little Pom!!!!!!