Thread: What's wrong with her??

What's wrong with her??

I cannot figure out what is wrong with Autumn. She is usually outside all the time, but it is getting cold out now, so she is inside. She's been whinning a lot in the past hour or so. She is laying on my bed at the moment, and she will whine and groan, almost like when she is sleeping, but she's not, her eyes are open. She looks really sad, and her ears are layed down when they usually are up. What's wrong with her??
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

I'm no expert but maybe she wants to go back outside. If she's used to it, she probably misses being out there. I hope she is back to normal soon Good luck!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

i aggree...she probably just wants to be back outside! i know coco whines if i bring her inside too early...because she wasnt done playing and getting into her regular mischief!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah
    I'm no expert but maybe she wants to go back outside. If she's used to it, she probably misses being out there. I hope she is back to normal soon Good luck!!
    That is what I thought at first, but I let her back out for about an hour, and she just sat by the door waiting to come back in. She loves being in the house, usually.

DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

hmm....well maybe she's bored! maybe go for a run with her or play fetch. my guess is she is just bored then...!?! let me know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by coco-bean
    hmm....well maybe she's bored! maybe go for a run with her or play fetch. my guess is she is just bored then...!?! let me know how it goes!
    Ehh... It is 25 degrees out and pitch black (9:20 PM), and she doesn't like playing with toys and doesn't know how to "fetch".
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

If it's not that she wants to go outside, then I really don't know. Is she eating and pottying normally? Maybe she's feeling a bit under the weather?

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by Toby's my baby
    Ehh... It is 25 degrees out and pitch black (9:20 PM), and she doesn't like playing with toys and doesn't know how to "fetch".
    Dogs cant tell time...and if she's bored, she's bored! i dont think she'd be too concerned with how cold it is if all she wants to do is play. and if she isnt bored i aggree with dab_20 maybe an upset tummy or something! Good Luck

Thanks everyone! I think she was feeling a little under the weather. I layed down with her, and we both fell asleep, and I didn't wake up until 7:30 this morning. She's better today, being her stubborn slef.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

Quote Originally Posted by Toby's my baby
    Thanks everyone! I think she was feeling a little under the weather. I layed down with her, and we both fell asleep, and I didn't wake up until 7:30 this morning. She's better today, being her stubborn slef.
    Oh good! I was going to say to hire one of those dog pyscologists or whatever, the one that tells you what your dog's thinking

Dogs cant tell time...and if she's bored, she's bored! i dont think she'd be too concerned with how cold it is if all she wants to do is play. and if she isnt bored i aggree with dab_20 maybe an upset tummy or something! Good Luck
    I respectfully disagree. I can tell you from experience that dogs (at least Greyhounds ) can indeed tell time and are quite the sticklers at that. I'm too lazy to search for the thread now, but there was a recent thread on GT that described their Greyhounds' rigid adherence to the daily schedule. Their greys would start whining around 5:00 because that was their alotted dinner time.

I'm glad Autumn is back to her normal self! It's amazing how nature is so in tune with all creatures because my dogs will act differently when the weather changes, too.

They cant tell time but they know how to time the day.
    She ment its 9:20 at night, how can you go play fetch with your dog in the pitch black especially with a dog who dosent play fetch. Just because a dog is board dosent mean they will want to play "fetch".

Glad shes feeling better
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Glad she's feeling better! My dogs have off-days sometimes, too.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*