Thread: Some people are so...

Some people are so...

I can't even describe. Amazing, caring, wonderful.....??

As most of you know, one of my dogs - Kiara - got out on 9/11. We found her on 9/16 after handing out a ton of flyers, posting hundreds of signs, talking to so many strangers about her missing.

There are so many people who took care in our efforts to find our dog, we got 8-10 messages on our machine as we were out looking. People were stopping us in their neighborhoods as they recognized our vehicle asking if we had found her.

Almost a month later... after we have taken down all of our signs, people are still calling us. Just now, as we were out with Kiki at the beach, we got another message.

A lady telling us that she had gotten a flyer from us and had saw an ad in the paper today about a found dog that seemed like her description. Her voice sounded like she wanted to cry, and very well so, as she told us she recently lost her dog to death.

Point in me posting this.. I am touched. It still amazes me how much our community showed us support and care, I've said it a million times. Tomorrow would mark 1 month if we hadn't found her... and people are still calling.

I am a nerd, but it really does my heart good.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Maybe you should write this up as an article and send it to your local paper! Send a copy to your city or town hall, too. It does a community good to hear some praise, and yours deserve it!

You're not a nerd - just a loving, gentle heart who appreciates when good things happen. This kind of thing does restore our faith in humanity and reminds us there are good people around us.

Enjoy the moment Kay - you deserve it.

Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Wow, you are so not a nerd!!! That was an amazing post, and I have the goosebumps just reading it. I agree w/ Karen. I think its an awesome idea to write it up as an article and send it to the paper, etc. to show others the true meaning of community.

I'm so glad that Kiki came home!! Right now, I have the Sweet Child of Mine video half loaded, and I can't wait to see it.

Yep, not nerdy at all. It is very heart-warming, and I am really glad that you did post this because as Betty says it really does help to restore people's faith in humanity. I know I love to hear stories like this.

Kay, People were reacting to the love they could tell you have for Kiki...your right people are amazing, just look in the mirror.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

That is wonderful. I like Karen's suggestion, too. I hope the dear lady who called you looks into getting herself another companion, too, bless her heart.

Aw Kay, that is a heartwarming story!!! I sure hope that this woman finds a new companion!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Certainly makes up for all the "nasties" in the world doesn't it?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I like it. It's not nerdish at all to be compassionate and touched by compassion. Animals do tend to bring out the humanity in us.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Kay, I'm still getting emails from people asking about Kiara. I am truly amazed at the compassion of the people/rescues that I contacted while she was missing. I've even made a couple of new friends from it. It makes me so happy to see that people care so much

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

How sweet of people. I agree with Karen about sending a letter to the paper.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Kay, I think people can just "tell" when someone sincerely loves their pet and wants them home. I think this is a wonderful tribute to humanity and to the love you obviously displayed in your pleas to find Kiara. Just remember that saying "pay it forward", which I am sure you already do.

Logan