Thread: Sore Bunny Foot

Sore Bunny Foot

ok. so i have a bunny with a sore foot, he got a cat claw in his foot while being mischevious what do you supose i do about it? take him to the vet? or is there an easier way of handling it?
    ps. ive tried pulling it out

DO NOT pull it out!!!

Take him to the vet right away! He will need to get it taken out by the vet with sterile utensiles.

If someone had a knife in thier leg you wouldnt pull it out right?(or I hope not)

Apply pressure to the area (not where the nail is ) but around.
    And take him to the vet right away!

They remove it and probly give you some antibiotics to fight any infection.

PLEASE DONT LET THE CAT AND RABBIT "PLAY" rabbits can be very nasty animals and they dont usually get along with other animals and when they dont like something they go in for the kill and right for the neck, belive me the rabbits teeth do worst damage then the cats. And the rabbit could probly kill your cat. If you were to ever introduce them its supposed to be in nuteral territory.
    where both cat or bun havnt been. But because this happened it will have a life time effect on the bun and it will attack the cat. Please I speak from experience with rabbits and other rabbits/other animals being together. I had a baby who got attacked by another adult rabbit and had her throat split open by one, she could NEVER be put with another rabbit she would have ripped it apart.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

oh gosh, i didn't put them together. he was outside and got attacked by a random stray. but yes im will take him to the vet.

thank you

Ok .

Was he outside unsupervised??
    See ALL my pets here

he was in his cage ( which i put outside ) unsupervised and a cat opened up his cage and chased him around the yard, luckly i went to check on him at that moment cuz he came running to the front door where i picked him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny_Luver
    he was in his cage ( which i put outside ) unsupervised and a cat opened up his cage and chased him around the yard, luckly i went to check on him at that moment cuz he came running to the front door where i picked him up.
    You are very lucky he is still alive. Rabbits should NEVER be outside in a cage unsupervised, as an animal trying to break in their cage can literally frighten them to death. Never do that again.

I agree!

Never leave them unsupervised at any time unless he is in his cage in the house.

Have you taken him to the vet yet?

Also if it was a random stray
    1)get your bun checked for diseases it could have caught from the cat
    2)catch the cat and bring it to the shelter

How do you know it was a stray?

Youve also changed your story, first you said the rabbit was being mishchivious and now your saying the cat just up and attacked him?
    See ALL my pets here