Thread: Sneezing?

Sneezing?

My Chelsea is sneezing rather frequently. Her nose isn't running, her eyes are clear and she doesn't act like she's sick but I'm still a bit concerned. In case it's relevant, I have been gone for a week, roommate was home so they weren't alone. I'm moving in a few weeks so I'm in the process of packing up the house.
    Any ideas? Should I be worried?
    Thanks!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Hmmmmmm...Buddy is sneezing a lot today too. I wonder if there is a kitty virus going around?

Is there a possiblity there is mold anywhere in your place? My cat Sweets was sneezing a lot in my old apt, and I found mold in various places there. Then I bought a very nice, clean mobile home in another state, and she is not sneezing anymore.

No mold but maybe moving all my stuff around has stirred up some dust....more likely a lot of dust....lol
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Have you or your roommate had the windows open with the nicer weather? Cats can be affected by environmental allergies too. Cats can be given OTC antihistamines but I strongly urge you to contact your vet for the appropriate dose.

If you do start to see any discharge or runny eyes, etc, please consider a vet visit.

My Sky goes through periods of sneezing and coughing at certain times of the year. He does have allergies and was also diagnosed with slight asthma. When he gets real bad then he has to take medicine. I also have allergies and I use a sinus rinse twice a day. I now give Sky some over the counter saline drops in his nose twice a day and it's really seemed to help him. It's hard to do but over time he's kind of gotten used to them. Hopefully it's only from dust and nothing more serious. I hope your move goes well.

Well, Chelsea hasn't been sneezing so I guess I just over-reacted.....as usual...lol
    Thanks for input!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

sounds like allergies. Havoc will sneeze this time of year. I have allergy pills I give him after a day or two but if it's allowed to linger without meds he'll get the boogers and such about a week later and it keeps getting worse until he needs antibiotics. I went through 3 different vets treating him for constant "upper respiratory infections" before I finally found one that diagnosed him with allergies. He's been fine since.

I bought a little tabletop air purifier and that helped out a lot. Just a WalMart cheapie, like 30 bucks or so.

I just got two kittens and one of them has been sneezing since we brought them home. When we took them in for Rabies shots, the vet told us that bringing them into a steamy bathroom can help clear their nose, or provide them relief if they are feeling discomfort. I just thought I'd mention it.

Whatever was bugging her seems to be gone now....no more sneezes! Yay!
    Thanks for all the kind words and good info!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"