Ok here is my dilemna!! I work night shift, and now that the weather is soooo nice, Shaianne wants outside during the day, while I am sleeping, so she is waking me up every 1-2 hours to go outside. When I started this in Feb we had no problems because the weather was crappy.
All I have for her is a tie out, and she does very well with that, surprisingly, since greyhounds aren't supposed to be tied. She knows her limits. I don't have the financial resources for a fenced in yard, and the only other option is to bite the bullet and get an outdoor kennel. But due to the fanatical Humane Soc director here I am afraid if I get one of those he will drive by (he supposedly does random drive by checks) and see her out there and take her. And I signed a contract saying that she is only allowed outside for 20 min intervels, and never off leash, which isn't a problem b/c her being off leash is a traumatic experience anyway!!! I am at my wits end already and it is only mid April!!!
I refuse to crate her during "sleep time" she has to spend so much time in there anyway I feel it's not fair, and my house is soooo small she would throw a royal fit knowing I am in the next room. She has never been crated to sleep at night unless she has spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house and that is only if I am not there and b/c my mom doesn't trust her to roam the house, like I do. Any suggestions are appreciated!!! Thanks!!