Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hubby makes me mad( good update first op )

I can't imagine being married to anyone who controlled me, but I also would never let someone do it. I'm too strong a person and if you ask hubby, I am the controlling one around here

He recently gave me an ultimatium about Allen's peeing. Allen's still peeing everywhere and is still here --- I think he just gets frustrated because we're broker than broke and the house is falling apart around our ears.... at least it shouldn't smell like cat pee! I agree with him but I can't seem to convince Allen not to pee! Ah, but I digress!

My dad is a LOT like your hubby. Mom is stronger than she thinks and getting stronger every day. Dad always said "White walls only!" so last week I painted their livingroom yellow (which he actually liked!), and yesterday I came over while he was at work and painted her kitchen VERY green -- at HER request! I wonder what his reaction was when he came home? LOL He also watched every single penny she spent. So years ago, she realized that she could get money back at the grocery store. She clipped coupons and such more so than ever, then would funnel $20 each week extra at the supermarket. Not that its right, but it gives her some spending cash and avoids many fights over money. My brother and I think its weird that she has to hide money like that about money but it works for her and gives her some freedom.

btw

I'm also a pretty submissive person and will allow people to run over me - but when it comes to my pets that's where I draw the line. Course I've never been in a long term relationship but I also know what I want out of one. Which is probably why I haven't been in one b/c that person doesn't exist!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

For those of you who say 'get rid of the husband'...or 'husband's stink'...I must say one thing.

There are also many wives in this world who 'stink', and many husbands have wives who would be nice to get rid off too. Don't make generalizations. There is a HUGE amount of people out there in the world who have a beautiful relationship with their husbands.

Husbands do NOT stink. Bad people stink...whether male or female, husband or wife. Inconsiderate people stink. Unloving people stink. If you are blessed with a GOOD husband, there is hardly anything that could be a greater blessing in this world. I would NEVER choose an animal over my husband. NEVER. Yes I love animals, and would love to have a whole herd of cats in my house, but you know what? My husband comes first. The LOVE he gives me can never be given to me by an animal, no matter what anyone says. There is something special about the love of a good husband, and the love of an animal, no matter how great, cannot compare to the sincere, devoted love of a human being who takes you as the greatest and most dear soul in his life. That being said, I made sure he loved animals, and would be accepting of my pets in the household *before* we got married, because I love animals, and being prevented from them would not be something I could deal with.

I'm not saying there aren't bad husbands out there. There are many...but to lump all husbands in that generallization is nothing less than disgusting.
    Marriage is a contract between two people...a contract based on love, affection, trust, sincerity towards each other...and when done properly, there is nothing more beautiful in the world. The problem in this world is that people don't have any toleration for each other. Husbands don't tolerate the wife's wishes. Wives don't tolerate their husband's concerns. Its no wonder the divorce rate is so high. Marriage is beautiful when you make it beautiful...not when you base life on 'expecting' your spouse to give you everything you want. That is immature. No one can have EVERYTHING they want. Though spouses should respect each others' wishes and try their best to do things that would keep their significant other happy, there will come times when either one of the partners will HAVE TO compromise for the other, and sometimes, it is for the best. Where is the love when you can't make compromises for each other? Why are people so selfish? There was a time when family and family life, caring for each other, etc. was supposed to be a top priority for most people in society. Its a sad thing when family members become a last priority. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone says 'wrong things' sometimes. You don't get 'rid of' family members unless the situation is severe and incurable. Marriage is not about *he's controlling me* or *she's controlling me*. Its about partnership, and you work through life hand in hand, and make decisions together as a family. The solution to problems is not 'get rid of the husband'...the solution to problems is to communicate and come to a conclusion. Her husband is not abusing her, or hurting her, or speaking harshly with her. A small disagreement on a pet should NEVER lead to getting rid of the husband or wife. My gosh...

Now all this is my general feeling on what people are saying here.

As to your husband, Ashleycat, I don't live in your household to know both sides of the story. I understand you love your bunny, and certainly won't want to get rid of him, but you do have to be mindful of your husband's feelings at the same time. That doesn't mean 'get rid of the bunny'. That just means, try to work things out...and I'm sure you are already doing that. The best thing to do is to talk, talk, talk. Communication in very important in marriage. You tell him what you want, he tells you what he wants, and you come to a joint decision together, somewhere in the middle. Your husband should be mindful of your feelings, but you could also try to reduce the amount you spend on the rabbit where you can.

If I remember correctly your husband is working as a pharmacist at Walmart right???

If that is the case I have a VERY good idea of how much he makes and the amount you spend on your bunny is a pittance and this is more of an issue of control than money

People here make some valid points, in that a marriage is a contract to be worked out. Unfortunately if one party is intractable it makes it very difficult to work out anything. Only you can make the decisions that will make you happy. But as cyber-smiles wrote "only you can change you" and how you react and what you do in response to this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom
    I'm also a pretty submissive person and will allow people to run over me - but when it comes to my pets that's where I draw the line.
    Ditto here!

My hubby and I have been together for 13 years (married for 5 of those years) and we've never had "the perfect" marriage.
    We have to work Very hard to keep the peace.
    Enter Buddy in December of 2002.
    Yikes!
    Buddy H-A-T-E-D him from the get go. Rick (the hubby) told me to get rid of him. Rick is the only person the Buddy has snapped at, and he did it twice in the first year.
    Needless to say our Bad marriage got worse and one night we had it out, he said if you love the dog that much then leave and take him with you. So the next morning he left for work and I started packing. He came back home 2 hours later and asked where I was going. DUH!!
    So... 3 1/2 years later, Buddy hates Rick, Rick hates Buddy and they're both still here! But the door's still open for the Hubby to leave if he wants to!
    Something that means so much should never be forcefuly taken away from you by someone that loves you.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

actually he works for WalGREENS lol and is pharmacist manager

yesturdays battle... I wanted to get my 2nd tattoo. A small closed wing butterfly on each shoulder to match the one I already have. He tells me, if I get another tattoo, he will get rid of my bunny.

I told him he can't tell me what I can and can't do to my body. If he wants to have tons of tattoos, or whatever to his body, then so be it if it makes him happy.

He is my husband, not my father. But most of the time, I feel like he is my father.

So, after I told him he can't tell me what I can't do. I shoved his chair, and kicked off my sandles which went flying. I got DD ready to go, went to park, went to mall, but the child area was closed. Tried to see a movie, but she woudln't sit still. Went to a park again and played. Then we sat in the car for a while. I was gone for about 4 hours or so. Then I cam home. We haven't spoke since.

then today... I get up and wash the car. I see tom head out with my bunny. Getting ready to take her to the pound.

I told him I didn't get the Fn tattoo. HOw am I supposed to get one with a Fn 2 year old with me??

So he put her back.

the tatt isn't important. What got me is the control issue and that he is using my pets to do so.

I don't think he will change. I can't put up with it AND be happy. I hate feeling like a child. I had a dad. I want a husband, not a father. So my option would be to leave. I just need to figure out what and how I'm going to do.

I'm the one that's starting to get violent towards him. I didn't even cry about the above. I just got really mad. So what does that mean?

Well my sister won't let her husband get a tattoo if that makes you feel any better.

I honestly don't know what to tell you but him taking the bunny because of the tattoo is pretty mean spirited.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

but do the spouses have any right to tell the other they can't get one? I'm sure they have a right to tell them how they feel. But to tell them they CAN'T. I don't get it.

I still can't beleive he was taking off with my bunny.

No honestly its your body but if my husband was really against a tattoo I probably wouldn't get one because harmony in your marriage is more important.

I have been frosted!

I didn't get it cus I didn't want Annie going anywhere.

I mean, it's not like I'm betting something huge, it can easily be covered by a shirt. I already have one.

Sounds like both of you need to work on compromise, right now it sounds like you are both angry at each other and working against each other. Marriage is a lot of work and frustrating at times, both sides need to compromise.

If money is tight a tattoo is also an unnessary expense.

I have been frosted!

Are you even trying to get along with your husband????

Is he covered with tattoos and constantly getting more? If so, I say "shame on him" for forbidding you to get another one.

Your marriage certainly doesn't seem to be based on love and respect, and I feel horrible for you pets, but I feel worse for your child.

Please take a long, hard look at things and try to work this out for sake of the child that the two of you created.

Just my two cents worth. I have had a failed marriage, and I was single for 10 years before I remarried, but my child came first. Thankfully, my second huband understood that and has been a positive influence on her life.

Logan

he comesfrom a strict conservative catholic family. While I come from the exact oposite. We've had problems for a while now. I did everything to make him happy. Hes very easy to make happy. All I have to do is take care of house, cook and raise our daughter. He keeps saying he will try to do better. Even admitted his controlling. But it's been 4-5 years, and I'm tired of always having the talk with him.

I don't want our daughter growing up thinking she has to do everything someone says, I want her to be her own person. Not what someone molds her to be.

I tried to comprimise. I'm a stay at home mom. And I do things he wants me to do. Like take her to daycare. Which I love having her here. I tried to go to school. Like I promised him, but I got preg my first semester. It always seems everything is about him. I dunno. I'm lost.

He's even heard about comprimising from the counselor. He's not going to change. We don't mesh well. We are complete oposites.

I am not sure what advice to give you but raising your child on your own is going to be very difficult.

No matter what anyone says I don't believe relationships are 50/50 all the time, sometimes you end up giving more or taking more. I think you should have a heart to heart talk with your husband and set milestones for your marriage.

I have been frosted!

I hope you mean financially. I've basically been raising her on my own. Even with him here. He does nothing with her or for her. I try to encourage him to. He doesn't even really watch her.