Thread: help training my mommy please! ~Electra~

help training my mommy please! ~Electra~

Electra here, ok PT I need your helps with training my mommy, you see they want to sell their house so they are trying to keeps things neat and tidy, well I had been working to teach my mommy and grandma to always put their shoes away on the shelf, my grandma learned fast, but my mommy is a slow learner, everytime she leaves her shoes on the kitchen floor where they dont belong I pick them up and take them to the living room to chew on, I figered this would teach them quick, but its been 4 weeks and mommy still never seems to remeber to put her shoes away! so I am seeking help from you guys, I heard you were good for training advice. what can else can I do to make my mommy remeber she needs to put her shoes away?!

~*Electra*~
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Ooh - Electra - I got a good idea for you. Instead of bringing the shoes to the living room to chew, bring 'em to the kitchen and put 'em in someone's water bowl. Mom can wear shoes with extra holes, but wearing WET shoes is just icky. And then your water will be shoe-flavored, too - yumm!

My Freckles, now at the Rainbow Bridge, trained my by either doing that (though as a St. Bernard she was drooly enough not to need the bowl), or by destorying ONE each of each of my pair of shoes. If Mom has heels - chew those off first - then if she tries to wear 'em, she's walk reaaaaaaallly funny, and all you doggies will have a good laugh!

Karen....I like your sense of humor!

Good girl Electra. Teach your mommy to put her shoes away! LOL

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Maybe mommy could put a storage bin by the door for shoes, unless there is no room or it would really be unsightly. Or maybe she should go barefoot. Then you could chew on her toes.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton