Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is he ?? (mix breed question)

What is he??

I agree with the others.. However I do Know that he is a Cutie Sweetie Pie..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

He's soo adorable and fluffy. Looks like the perfect little cuddle bug. He looks to be chow and maybe german shepherd.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

what is he?

I was the sameway as u rocco? I didn't know what my puppy was until i read this post. I think my puppy look the same as your and kodak (the female puppy). Harley is almost 8 months old now. But I was wondering if any of your puppy's have a spotted tongue like harley's. I was told that is a trait of the chow breed.

hello

i was thinking Belgian malinois chow mix

looks like mine

this looks like my dog he is a mastiff and ? trying to figure out, my mom has an english mastiff and she got knocked up and no idea what the dad is
    Quote Originally Posted by k0dak0688 View Post
    your dog is definitely a german shepherd/chow mix. i was shocked because he looked so much like my puppy when i first brought her home

He seems to have some golden retriever in him given his looks, possibly german shepard too

I can see Golden but no German Shepherd. Too fluffly to be a mal but maybe a mix of chow and something else.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

shocked!

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    I can see Golden but no German Shepherd. Too fluffly to be a mal but maybe a mix of chow and something else.
    is it really german shepherd mixed with chow chow? i just bought a puppy that looks really similar to your pet. I hope you can help me in taking care of this breed. She's 2 months old. I'm a bit scared of what I've read and heard about german shepherd/chow mix dog. is it really a german shepherd/chow mix? thank you so much in advance.

What color is her tongue? That's often a Chow give-away! The good news is all the bad things you've heard about Chows or shepherds are the result of ignorant owners.

If she is that mix, she will like be fluffy, smart, and maybe a little stubborn, but all those can make a great dog! Sign her up for some obedience training as quickly as you can, and in the meantime, start with basics like leash training now, while she's still small enough so you have total control! She's adorable, and I bet she'll be a great dog, just keep her busy and give her plenty of things she's ALLOWED to chew on - and lock away all your good shoes for the time being!
    I've Been Frosted

Just because a dog's tongue is blue or spotted doesn't mean it has chow in him/her. I have seen purebred chows that don't have blue tongues. At 8 weeks it really hard to tell what your pup is. A chow/GSD isn't really a "bad" combination. Your dog looks more shepherdy than chow to me to be honest. Really cute, just enjoy him!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    What color is her tongue? That's often a Chow give-away! The good news is all the bad things you've heard about Chows or shepherds are the result of ignorant owners.

If she is that mix, she will like be fluffy, smart, and maybe a little stubborn, but all those can make a great dog! Sign her up for some obedience training as quickly as you can, and in the meantime, start with basics like leash training now, while she's still small enough so you have total control! She's adorable, and I bet she'll be a great dog, just keep her busy and give her plenty of things she's ALLOWED to chew on - and lock away all your good shoes for the time being!
    her tongue is red. as of know i consider her as german shepherd chow mix, cos i've seen videos and pics of golden retriever/chow mix and it doesn't look like my ginger. she loves being alone and really loves to sleep. she's too quiet and sweet.

I'm so confused. This post started back in 2006 ????

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    I'm so confused. This post started back in 2006 ????
    kellyjugger is a new member.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

yes i'm a newbie. sorry for not saying it beforehand. anyway, i'm more confused of what ginger really is cos i saw a pic of chow spitz,(combination of chow chow and japanese spitz. here's another picture of my little ginger.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0133.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	52862
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0146.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	52863