Thread: Hilarious Cat Behavior

Hilarious Cat Behavior

Not too long ago, I had just turned out the light and snuggled under the covers when all of a sudden I hear this very loud SCUFFLESCUFFLESCUFFLE noise coming from the direction of the catboxes, which I had just changed. Thinking it was Shadow, my Russian Blue (RIP Uncle Shadow), who loves to throw huge paws full of litter all over the place, hence the covered boxes...I turned on the light, groaning aloud, "SHA-DOOOOOWWW..." only to find Dandelion, my 3-year-old Flame Point Siamese, with his head poking out of the box. And then his head poked back in, and hilarity ensued as he started chasing his tail inside the litterbox, his sides brushing the sides of the lid so closely that you could see it on the outside, and there was the mystery of the SCUFFLESCUFFLESCUFFLE noise, prominently solved. And of course litter flying out of the box all over the floor. I laughed so hard, that he stopped chasing and poked his head back out, and I saw that familiar sparkle of mischief in those big blue eyes as he poked his head back in and went for another spin around the box a few times!!!

So, tell me about crazy things that your cat has done to make you "laugh so hard your sides will ache, your heart will go pitter-pat...!!!"
    Last edited by ValorousFlame777; 08-30-2006 at 04:11 PM. Reason: misspellings!!!

OMG! Only a flame-point siamese would get into trouble like that

I too have one, only he is now 6 years old, but still acts like a kitten. There has never been a dull moment in our house for the last 6 years.

One minute he is a purr-ball in my arms sleeping, and the next he is either stalking one of his brothers or getting into something in the house. Oh, and bring in something that you bought........Yoshi is right there checking it out and making it his.

My little Yoshi keeps us on our toes constantly! Love your story!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Lol
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    My 5 year old Mitzi chases her tail too - it's HILARIOUS! although I'm glad she doesn't do it in her litterbox - she's a litter-flinger anyway without putting the extra spin on things!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Pink Nose is 8 and still chases his tail. He's very playful for a middle aged cat.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

My hobby is lampworking (making glass beads). Our cat Maura is fascinated by them. She love batting them off of the table one at a time. She also steals things in the middle of the night. I've found bracelets I've made at the bottom of the stairs. I've also found empty pill bottles, shoe inserts, and mail there too.

Our other cat is a real little stinker. You have to be sure you close the bathroom door. If you leave him home alone too long, he will find a roll of toilet paper and shred it. I think just because he is mad at us. Here he is the last time he did this. Made quite the mess! lol!

Deb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show them.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	30243   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hmm.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	30244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my work is done.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	30245  

all my 7 cats do funny things, what comes to mind now is the most recent thing that Leo, my male short haired black and white cat does. when I am taking a nap, he gets up on the bed next to me, and likes to cuddle next to me. he always sniffs my hair, and if I have just shampooed it, he will try to bite my hair! he likes the smell of strawberry shampoo! if I have a hair clip in my hair, he will bite that, and pull it out of my hair and hold it in his teeth and looks right at me as if to say, see? I have your hair clip! he is funny when he does this, the look on his kitty face is funny, he is proud of himself when he does that. there are many other funny things the cats do but that is what came to mind now while reading this post. another cat is jealous of the phone and will sit on it when I'm on the phone, sometimes hanging it up by sitting on the button that disconnects the line! she is a very needy cat and is jealous of the phone, or a book I am reading and will plop right down on whatever has my attention at the time!
    Last edited by krazykitties; 09-25-2006 at 09:52 PM.

Sasha fell in the bathtub tonight (well, halfway in) while I was taking a nice long soak...she was trying soooo hard to stay on the edge...and to see what I was doing...I guess it was slippery. Now, I have a half long-haired, and half drowned-rat looking cat (at least for a couple hours).

Cats doing funny things

I got my cat Cassie when she was a year and a half old, so I missed her little kitten stage. She's very much a lady most of the time and wouldn't deign to do anything that could be construed as remotely funny. Except for one time... When I adopted her, I had a small table in the front hall with a little basket for keys and a shelf underneath. She liked to wiggle herself under that bottom shelf. I inherited a small curio cabinet with a glass door, and the little table got moved to another room. I was sitting on the floor cleaning the cabinet's door and glass shelves with glass cleaner and dusting the few things I wanted to place on the shelves. All of a sudden Cassie came running out of the bedroom and before I knew it - hit her head on the open glass door. CLONK! She shook it off, and then scooted under the sofa. It was very unlike her! I laughed so hard that day. I still don't know why she was running from the bedroom at full speed.

Sometimes, after using the litter pan - especially at night - Cassie will run from one end of the hall to the other a couple of times. These are known around our place as Cat Sprints. I don't know if Cat Sprints are typical cat behavior. It's almost like she has extra energy to use up right now! She also likes to keep an eye on the clouds, birds and leaves outside the window, or take naps, or play with her Ping-Pong ball. She is my dear cat girl and very much in charge around our flat.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Funny cat behavior

One more. My nephew's Tabby is allowed on the enclosed porch when the weather is fine. He prefers to slip in and out through the window instead of using the door. One afternoon he had his front paws on the windowsill, his back paws on the bench under the window. He was looking into the window with this "Hello, this is a nice restaurant and I'd like Fancy Feast to go" look on his face! He did get a cat treat when he came inside, just because he was being so cute. Wish we'd had a camera at hand that day.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

how about a cat jumping into a plate of spaghetti!! THAT was funny! of course then the kitten had to have a bath, his tummy and feet, and he did NOT find that funny at all. the next morning another cat jumped onto the counter and licked the butter off the toast! I had to make another piece of toast!

My cat moe short for Mocha hes a one year old siamese. Oneday I came home from work and I went into the ketchen to get a drink and all of a sudden theres this cat flying right at me! He jumped off the top if the cabnet right at me lol good thing I can catch! he also loves attion! And if i'm standing and talking to someone he will climb my pant leg and up my shirt just so i will pet him lol! also he dose what I call His treadmill exercise on the sliding glass door he will run his paws up and down it it looks like hes trying to run up the door but its not working so well lol

Our cat Skoshi is a year old and is pretty much crazy I think. He loves my husband but is a little more stand offish with me. When I get in bed at night he attacks my ankles. If he misses me when I climb into bed he jumps in the bed and gets me. He just has to do it. He can't resist. My husband came home the other night to find me sitting on the floor watching TV. He asked why I wasn't asleep and I told him, "The cat won't let me in bed" He had to distract the little booger so I could jump in bed.

Heather
    Mommy to Furbabies Maddy, Zeus, Skoshi, Callie, and Rusty.

Drumming

Smudge has a relatively short (for such a large cat) and very powerful tail, and sometimes when he's really happy he'll use his tail to drum on a box or door or the furniture. One night just after he moved in, he nearly scared the meow out of me by drumming on the steel filing cabinet!

Love, Columbine

Seeking desperate housecats

Hello Feline friends and family.
    Currently looking for cats and their human families, who would like their lives improved or harmony restored to their household. TV show casting cats and their families, if you are interested please contact us at [email protected] You and your family have a chance to have our celebrity Vet/behaviorist visit your home offer free advise and feature you on TV.
    We are looking for poignant stories of rescue and reintegration into new family. Funny behavior and cat habit stories. Cats who miss their military family or parent, cats who survived Hurricane Katrina and now have new home. Any unsusual stories that can benefit from advise from experts and can enrich life of other cat loving families