Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat Leaking Urine

Urinary problems are confusing and frustrating and scary, and can be dangerous - definitely get whatever tests (not "experiments") are necessary to find out why it's happening, because the treatment varies according to the cause. It could be germs, chemistry (some cats get ouchy gritty crystals in their urine and need their food changed), stress, or something else. But once you get a clear diagnosis, you'll have a plan to follow and know what to do. Treating for one cause doesn't help if it's actually a different cause, so the most important thing is getting the etiology (the "why") sorted out!

Keeping her inside could be challenging, but it's definitely the best way to avoid infections, poisoning, and injuries. You can use an enzyme spray like Simple Solution to neutralize the smell.

Love, Columbine

Thank you... I will write those names down, and ask my vet about it. I hope I am able to get the Vet that I have used for years. The other vet, a women, did not give me good advise. She told me to give mineral oil by mouth to a kitten for constipation. The kitten got it in his lungs and died. The other vet I use all the time, later asked about my kittens, I told him about the mineral oil by mouth... He said "What vet told you that, that's not right, they can't taste it and can inhale it." I said....um.... the one that works in your office. So you see my problem. The new vet is always there... the other one, is away a lot.