Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat Leaking Urine

Cat Leaking Urine

I have a male cat that is 3 1/2 years old. At the beginning of July he had a urinary track blockage. After a very expensive visit to the vet we got this cleared up and done everything that the vet suggested to keep it from repeating. Up until now we have had no problems but suddenly it seems to be just the opposite. Last night I had to get up and change the bed sheets in the middle of the night because I woke up to roll over and when he moved their was a huge wet spot where he was laying on the bed next to me to sleep. Today everywhere he lays he leaves a wet spot. Even if he is just there for about a minute it is the size of a quarter. He is acting normal. I am not sure what is going on with this cat. I have never had a cat that has had so many problems before. This is my 6 year olds cat. So any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks!

TO THE VET.

Urinary problems, especially in a male cat, are serious.

Don't wait for posts on a board - phone your vet and get your cat in there!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Another vote for an immediate visit to the vet from me also. No cat will exhibit this type of symtom without being very ill. The only time this happened to one of my cats was when the Artful Dodger was in the late stages of vet-diagnosed renal failure. If you can't get in to see your regular vet, you should take your cat to an emergency vet, his condition is that serious (as far as we can judge online).

Hey, what did the vet say? Definitely a vet issue.

VET VISIT.

Urinary problems are likely to reoccur, even with the best of care. And blockage can be LIFE-threatening. If he is blocked again, it is serious.

Twinkleeyes - so what happened? Did your cat get to the vet? Please update us.

yes a vet visiti is important. please post an update.

Is it just me or does it drive anyone else nuts when someone posts an emergency question here and never comes back to post an update? Drives me crazy wondering how the animal is doing.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

how is the cat doing????? I agree, it makes me nuts wondering what the outcome is, please post an update.

I pm'd her. Hopefully we'll hear back. I said we were here for her no matter what had happened.
    (I am assuming twinkleeyes is female...)

I've been trying not to think about it, as I do every time this happens, but it's always at the back of my mind, nagging away. I think we all want to know that *something* was done so that the cat isn't suffering any more.

cat urine

ughhh. What a horrible ordeal. I have peeing problems too and I need advise to.. My Kitty of 15 years on again off again not using the box.. I have tried everything with moving the box, keeping her locked up in my bedroom. But today she peed right beside the box and I caught her in action and showed her where she should go.. my house smells and i'm not getting it. I'm not Dr. Doolittle although I try to talk with her. Does she listen???

What can I do. Its become stressful. But I love her and she is so friendly

Call your vet and take her in. Could be a urinary infection, which is easily treated.

Please do that - and let us know what happens!

I have a female spayed cat that leaking urine. She is prone to cronic bladder infections. This usually results in her going to the litter box more and more, but urinating less and less. Then she gets put on anibiotics. She was in my greenhouse with other cats, I brought her in bathed clipped her etc. Now she seems to be leaking, not messing anywhere, just her butt is wet , and smells of urine. I wash her up, and the next day it is back. She uses the litterbox, and the amount of urine is not getting smaller,(clumping litter) although she seems to be going more than maybe is normal ??
    The vet took urine from her bladder the last time, she was treated. To tell you the truth, I wonder if they really got a sample? She stayed all day, I kept calling, the answer was no, no , no, then when it was almost closing, ...they said they got a sample, and perscribed antibiotics. Now they want to do more tests, said she may have a spastic bladder? So as this cat belongs to my young daughter, and the deal is she pays the vet bills for her cat, how much money do I have to spend here ? We can't afford everything they come up with. The cat seems healthy and playful otherwise. I see no blood in the urine. I smell and check where she sleeps, and there are no wet spots. I don't want to pay for experiments, I would like a treatment that will work. It seems like this happens when the cat is stressed. The bath for instance, or if we go away on holidays... Anyone have this happen? I don't know that it is a bladder infection this time, but the spastic bladder or whatever they called it, can come and go. How do I keep her in the house when she is like this ?? I don't want my carpets etc. soiled. Once she is bathed and clipped she needs to be inside where it is warmer, she is a persian and gets colds ?, stuffed up quick. I don't know why over the years they have not come up with what is actually wrong with her. This is something that has come and gone for several years.
    Thanks for any help.

Badgergirl, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. She may have what is called interstitial cystitis. Here's a link that explains more about it:Interstitial Cystitis. Just click on the link about it. You may want to try AMITRYPTILINE (brand name Elavil).

When my cat Sunny became very stressed out he started peeing in very small amounts and trying to use the litterbox many times during the day. Antibiotics didn't help him and he didn't have a urinary tract infection. They finally gave him some kind of liquid medicine that's used to treat high blood pressure in people. It relaxed his bladder and now he's been normal ever since. I found out that he was very stressed over having to wear a collar so he doesn't wear one any more. Some people also give their cats cosequin because it's supposed to help the lining of the bladder. Good luck.