View Poll Results: How many ID tags does your dog(s) have?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll

20 60.61%
  • 2-4...

16 48.48%
  • 5+...

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many ID tags does your dog have?

How many ID tags does your dog have?

I'm not talking about rabies tags and such, just regular ID tags with your contact information.

Tango has 4 (2 stainless steel, 2 plastic). I'm pretty sure that's way more than most people have, which is why I made this poll. People are constantly asking me why she has so many, and they think I'm somewhat paranoid about losing her or something. One of my biggest fears is losing Tango, yes, but I wouldn't call it being paranoid. I have one tag for her harness, one tag for her buckle and snap collars (it stays in the tag pouch that I use for these collars and is never taken out), one tag for her martingales, and then just a spare in case one gets lost.

The other three all just have one, as they rarely switch collars and my mom buys everything they need.

So, how many do your dogs have?

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Molli and Sam both have 1. Molli really needs a new one. Not sure what kind of shape Sam's is in... I'll have to ask my dad.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Mickey has one with his name, our address, and phone number.

Molly has one with her name, our address, our city & province, and phone number.

I want to get Mickey a new one with our city & province.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Nebo has one, I think. I had 2 at one point but I think I threw away one because it was in bad shape (cheap machine one). I just keep that as well as all his other tags in the "quiet spot" tag pouch so I haven't looked at it recently. I know he has the CGC one with my name, address, and phone number and its a nicer tag I've learned it is worth the extra money to get a decent tag.

I would have more like you if I frequently changed collars, but I never change collars or take his collar off (except during a bath of course). When he wears a harness he also has the collar on.

They just each have one, but they have the same collar on all the time and if I switch collars, they have their tag switched over, too.

Their's has their names and my home phone & my cell phone number on it.

my girls only wear collars on walks, and they weartheir martingales, exept for Electra who until she is older wears a buckle collar with her microchip tag on it. Happy and Misty each have 1 ID tag but neither have actually worn them in years, I dont even know where they are lol, but I am not worried about loosing Happy and Misty either, it would be more difficult to get rid of em in the first place I do have ID tags on then when someone else is watching them however, I trust them with ME not with other people. my moms always wear collars with 1 ID tag, I have never even considered more then 1 ID tag per dog lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Chester has 2, but I need to get him a new one soon. He has a Vancouver Canucks one, but it's pretty scratched up, so I want to replace it.

Kai has one now. He had another one as a pup but I found it was too hard to read the info since it was all one color.. so I took that one for my keychain and got him a plastic tag.

Kaedyn has a plastic tag with our contact info as well as a microchip tag.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Mine each have 1.

Niņo has one saved that I don't use (his first one) one lost somewhere in the house, one gold bone shaped one on his old collar, and His current collar has a brass plate with his info. I want a plastic star shaped one for his BlockyDogs collar when it comes.

Niņo & Eliza

Just her license with contact information. Not our information but the place she is registered at where they can look up her number and find us. I think having a tag to directly call us would be better though. She also has a little keychain with cute purple pink hearts on it that I gave her, but that's not a dog tag...

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

Great name tags can be found here for your "Furry Lil Angels" http://www.dogcustomer.com/ I got one made for my lil girl & just love it so much....

~Celtic Dreamer~
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face

Jasper has just one ID tag. He also wears his microchip tag and his license from the city. He used to have a fourth tag that said "Best friend", but his collar was too loud so I snuck that tag onto the collar of a cute little chi at the dog park.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

My dogs all have 3. 1 each for the harnesses and collars I trade back and forth on them wearing daily (1 less tag to move over, I figure) and one for their night collars (just extra collars with ID, reflective designs on them, and and little flashing lights attached). I just keep the night collars by the door to put on when we go for walks after dark. I just replaced them all because my phone number changed. The only info I have on them now is 2 phone numbers, so someone could get ahold of us if they were ever lost and found.

My cats tend to have just one each, but they don't really go outdoors, so I don't worry about them getting lost as much.

My dogs all have 4 tags:
    rabies
    town license
    microchip
    personal info (name, addy, phone number)

Except Kaige, he only has 3 as he doesn't have a microchip yet, he's getting that when he gets neutered next month.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.