Thread: Front Line Plus

Front Line Plus

Greetings Fellow Cat Lovers

If anyone would know where, it would be this wonderful group that I read every day. I don't post very often, as I am at my work place when I checking out the cat of the day and reading the various posts during my lunch hour. The highlight of the day. Anyway, do ya'll (yes I am southern) know a really good online place to purchase front line plus for the cats and kittens. Short story, I care for 3 feral colonies in addition to the ten guys I have at home (they don't go out). I try to put front line on my colony guys, but man the cost is killing me, in addition to feeding close to 40 cats a day. So, you guys got any suggestions. I was buying at a pest control store, cause it was cheaper than the vet, but still high. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and yes I am spaying and neutering my babies, it is just taking time.
    I really do enjoy reading thru the different posts and the wonderful friendships that are apparent when you read your conversations to one another.

I've used these sites in the past.

Care A Lot Pets

Drs. Foster Smith

Be aware that Australia has a Frontline Plus for Felines that is NOT approved to be used in the US and it is a lot less expensive. I found this out by doing a search to find the least expensive way to treat my 8 as well as my mom's 9 cats.....I know that these two sites listed above sell the US version of the 3 and 6 packs.

I have also had experience using the BioSpot and I would NOT recommend this to anyone. Stick with the Frontline Plus or just the plain Frontline is you are not concerned as much about ticks.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Good

Better

Even better

Excellent

I have shopped with the first 2.
    I searched and found the other 2.

Thank you for the wonderful sites! Frontline Plus is great, but VERY expensive. Even with only three cats, I can't afford the stuff.
    Gin

Good question!

I order my via the internet at a pet supply site. I just heard, only days ago, that, yes, you guessed it, there are rip offs out there on the market and just like drugs for humans, you are not getting the real thing. I have no idea how to tell the difference.

I think the vets are taking us all for a ride selling us special food and the flea stuff. I have not noticed a rip off look to the flea stuff, and I will keep ordering it. Just be careful where you get it.

I would be willing to send you a tube or two, if everyone else would too! Problem solved!...let me know.

SAS

I recently purchased Frontline from this website www.petfleas.co.uk and they had an offer of two packs of six for a 25% discount, so two packs for £25.53 which is $47.89. The total with postage and packing was £30.00 for two boxes of six, that comes to $56.28 for 12 pipettes. That sounds like a great deal to me, I was really pleased with it.
    I don't know how much extra it would cost to ship to the US but from what I can see I got double the amount for the same price that you guys did from a few of those sites.
    For my two that's 6 months worth each I have. Monthly that's only about £2.50 a cat. Roughly what $5.00ish per cat in US Currency.
    I'm going to order another batch of 12 in 3 months time when I've used the 3 months worth on them, I'd like to order them now but I can't afford to, hopefully they'll still have the offer.
    * That's Frontline however not frontline plus, is there much difference?

Wheres a good place in Candaa to buy Advantage.
    My Vet charges 77 dollars for a six pack.
    I wouldnt mind saving a little money.
    I have never tied Frontline.
    Is it good?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Gary, I've found the frontline to be excellent for Jack & Sunny. We put it on them on Tuesday and there are literally dead fleas everywhere where they are just dropping off them. It works to kill all fleas within 24 hours and also helps with dermatitis from flea bites on them, and also ticks etc.
    Sunny has stopped scratching so much, which I'm really pleased with. I'm definately sticking to it and not thinking of getting anything else at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    Wheres a good place in Candaa to buy Advantage.
    My Vet charges 77 dollars for a six pack.
    I wouldnt mind saving a little money.
    I have never tied Frontline.
    Is it good?
    I don't prefer Frontline; in fact, I use Program pills for fleas. I have gotten Advantage and Program from http://www.kvvet.com MANY times (and tons of other stuff too! ). US shipping is usually free with enough of a purchase, but I have NO idea about Canadian purchases.

At our hospital we go out of our way to keep product affordable for the average pet owner with just a few pets. Generally we beat the prices of mail order places and without shipping costs, and for products like Frontline Plus we don't require an office visit (I'm told some places do that). My point being, it might be worth calling around to other vets in your area for prices on flea products. I'm sure we can't be the only hospital with this practice of making things affordable.

The best suggestion I can give personally is; try speaking with local humane societies and rescue groups, they may be able to help in the way of free or discounted products. Or possibly a few local vets may be willing to make a donation of product/services or discount on product/services to help you with your cause (same also for spay/neuters). Sometimes writing a letter to the manufacturers that make pet foods and flea products can sometimes result in a discount or donation of some kind. A donation jar set up at local stores (with their permission) may also be a possiblity.

I applaud your efforts in caring for and reducing the breeding of feral cat colonies and strays!!

As to specific flea products...

We carry Program, Revolution and Frontline Plus at our hospital. The boss prefers Frontline Plus for these reasons, with a few exceptions:

Program does not actually kill the adult fleas only inhibits growth of the flea population, and only at the egg stage, and does not kill ticks. (If someone is simply wanting to prevent fleas and is not having a current flea/tick problem or had one in the past, my boss does recommend this one occasionally.)

Revolution also inhibits the growth of the flea population, but also actually kills adult fleas, but does not kill ticks. Revolution is more expensive (at least at our hospital) than using a heartworm preventative like Tri Heart Plus in combination with Frontline Plus for dogs. (Although for cats outside or with ear mite problems or for dogs with mange or ear mite problems, the boss tends to prefer Revolution.)

Frontline Plus not only inhibits growth of the flea population, but also actually kills adult fleas, and kills ticks. After considering the EPA's stance on both ingredients the boss feels that Frontline Plus with Fipronil and Methoprene to be a safer choice for both pet and human. (This is also the product I use on all 5 of my cats as they are occasionally exposed to ticks)

I do know is that there are imitation products out there that are not manufactured to the US standards and without EPA approval. I also know frequently these products look very much like our US versions in packaging, but the actual ingredients may or may not be what the label says. The only way I know of to be sure is buy from a licensed vet in the US, beyond that I don't know.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I had not considered calling around to the different vets for their prices of frontline. I hadn't really thought about talking to my vet either. She is really good to me in the fact that when I bring my guys in for anything, routine or emergent, she never charges me an office visit, I only pay for shots and/or medicine. I should talk to her and see if she would be willing to sell me the Frontline at a discount. She knows how many I colonies I am caring for and that I paying for the spaying and neutering of them myself. I do have my colony cats spayed through one of the local cat rescue organizations, much cheaper than my vet, but they use Revolution. I did buy revolution through them last year, but one of my colony males got sick from a tick bite and I don't want to go through that again. Thanks for the suggestion and getting my pea brain thinking.

So sorry your cat got sick from a tick bite. Ticks are upsetting to me. Once our cat Beauty got out for just a few hours, and because we live in the wilds, she came back with a tick - that we didn't discover until a few days later. Ick. Thank you for taking care of so many needy cats.

Have you tried medivet for Frontline ?