Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $18.00 for a bag of cat food!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
    Yes, Jupiter does just fine with the new food. What is weird is Tinky and him know the difference in their foods... I put the bowls down and Jupiter always goes to his bowl and Tinky to hers...
    Cats

Maybe you could feed them in separate rooms. We have to do that with Josie & Brodie because Brodie always wants what Josie has. Josie on the other hand, has HER bowl and her food has to be in her bowl, otherwise, I think she'd starve, LOL.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

All of mine,except for baby Ziggy,are now on Royal Canin Urinary S/O because of Storm's problem. I just buy 3 of the large bags of dry and about 2 cases of the wet food. Yes,it's pricey but it lasts me about 5-6 months and is a lot cheaper in the long run than extra vet bills. The 3 bags of 16.5lb came to 107.67 so that's 35.89 a bag and the 2 cases of wet food came to 66.72 which is 33.36 per case. All in all it's not too bad.

Jupiter sure is handsome and I'm glad that he likes his new food and is doing well on it. We need to see some more T & J pictures soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    If I had had my boys on Royal Canin SO to begin with, it would haved saved me $400 in one month to treat my Oscar for a UTI.

Divide the price by the number of days it lasts...and you'll see it is worth it.
    Heck, I spend 5 times that on a cup of coffee or a bottle of pop!
    Taranis is now on Royal Canin SO, and I feed it to all the downstairs cats when I don't have time to isolate her. Do you know if it's okay to feed it to cats on a regular basis that don't have UTI problems? I know that they like it better than their Royal Canin Indoor Weight Management. I know it's going to be pricey but since it's mostly boys downstairs, I could be saving money by putting them on this type of diet now.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Yup, sounds about right. That's about what I pay for Mishi's X/D. Frosts me every time, but I pay it anyway. Worth it to have my big boybee healthy and meowing. Okay, maybe not meowing so much (He LOVES to talk) but I love the Big Goon anyway.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie
    Taranis is now on Royal Canin SO, and I feed it to all the downstairs cats when I don't have time to isolate her. Do you know if it's okay to feed it to cats on a regular basis that don't have UTI problems? I know that they like it better than their Royal Canin Indoor Weight Management. I know it's going to be pricey but since it's mostly boys downstairs, I could be saving money by putting them on this type of diet now.
    As far as I know, it's safe to feed to all of your cats. I've been feeding all five of my older cats this for quite a while and my vet knows this even though when I order it from them it's under Storm's name. I also have 4 boys so it can't hurt. It makes them drink more water and they pee more so it helps flush out their systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie
    Do you know if it's okay to feed it to cats on a regular basis that don't have UTI problems?
    Yup - all my guys were on it!

Now since it seems Pouncer had a different issue than previously thought, everyone is now on Royal Canin prescription High Fiber Low Calorie (used to be called High Factor) We all know what the reduced calorie is for