Thread: Swallowed Button!!! BRODIE!!!

Swallowed Button!!! BRODIE!!!

I think Brodie just ate a small button.

What should I expect?

He is due to have a Prednisone tonight . . . I hope that will help him to pass it. (He takes one 5 mg every 3 days)

I am pretty sure it was him . . . not completely sure . . . but he is the one that will eat ANYTHING! And he was smacking his lips when I found them hovering around the thread that was missing the button.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

If it's small it should pass ok in his poop within a day, I would think but then again never had that happen here. I'd call the vet and ask them about it.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I wouldnt panic if its a small button.
    It too will pass.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Don't panick but watch Brodie very close for a few days just in case.

My Rosco also takes prednisone every 3rd day.(We switched to prednisolone)
    It's almost the same.

I'm sure Brodie will pass it fine.My Sam eats everything in site too.He scares me so very much.He's the type if you dropped a glass he'd probably run and eat it.I have no idea why he doesn't sniff it first.He's just like a dog.Wags his tail when he's happy too.Total dog personality.
    Sam (The dog kitty) is in the very front the first white kitty you see.He doesn't look like dog does he

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Oh no! Bad boy Brodie, don't eat buttons!!!!

I have never had this happen so I'm clueless. I'd say the others are right to not worry if it was a small button.

Here's to hoping everything comes out okay!

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by catfamily
    I'm sure Brodie will pass it fine.My Sam eats everything in site too.He scares me so very much.He's the type if you dropped a glass he'd probably run and eat it.I have no idea why he doesn't sniff it first.He's just like a dog.Wags his tail when he's happy too.Total dog personality.
    Sam (The dog kitty) is in the very front the first white kitty you see.He doesn't look like dog does he
    We say the same about Brodie . . . he seems more like a DOG than a cat! LOL
    -christa

Brodie, Brodie, Brodie, what are we going to do with you????

Christa, Catfamily -

Why do your cats take prednisone?

I had a cat took it for pain in his back. 5 mg daily. After 3 years, he developed kidney failure. It advanced rapidly and he died within 7 months of diagnosis. Subq fluids quickly went from every other day to 4 times per day and that wasn't enough after a week. Someone suggested the prednisone caused the kidney failure.

So I am curious about other kitties who take it.

Sorry, no suggestions about the button. I like the idea of call the vet and ask what they think.

Hope Brodie is doing fine and that you have seen the button Robbie is our nawtee anything eating kitty. I found half of a milkring just this morning and believe me, there is an assortment of surprises that I see passing through the litterbox - even when I try to keep everything away from him.

I hope that the small smooth button will not cause Brodie any troubles - did you check with the vet Christa??

Deb, I didn't check with the vet . . . I know, bad momma. I am watching him though & so far so good. It was small & smoothe, so I am hoping that he will pass it soon.

Freedom, Brodie takes Preds for IBD. Otherwise, he would vomit EVERYTHING he eats. And I do mean everything. If you go back and search "brodie" threads, you will find several describing our QUEST to find a cure for our boy! This was our last answer. We realize that it could cause complications in the future - or not - it's a gamble. But at this point, we are trying to make his life as comfortable & happy as possible. Before, when he was vomiting 3 or more times a day and wasting away, we were considering putting him down...well, it was a different story then. He was a very sick kitty. Prednisone has changed him completely.
    -christa

The prednisone must have ramped up his appetite!! That button must have looked mighty tasty!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Oh Christa! I hope Brodie passes the button okay. After all that the poor little guy has ben through! Many prayers coming from Indiana from Tabitha, Sasha, and their Meowmie who once swallowed a dime!