Thread: Animal SERVICES? Yeah, right..

Animal SERVICES? Yeah, right..

At 3:30 I was walking down the street with the dogs and in an unlabeled van, with no back side windows (only drivers window and adjacent), there is a black and white Husky inside.

Only one window is open, and only couple inches at that. It's a pretty warm day out, I almost didn't want to drive to the store because our vehicle was too hot.

I wrote a note and left it on the windshield.

Now, an hour later at 4:30, I looked down the street and the van is still there. The dog is now just sitting there, panting. He was anxious before.

I wrote down the lisence plate and type of vehicle and called Animal Services. I asked the man who answered if there was anything they could do and he said "No. Not at all." and hung up.... That's BOGUS!!!!!

I'm sick of this city. They do NOTHING to help out.

On several occassions, I've found stray dogs and whenever I call Animal Services or the Humane Society they tell me to re-release them on the street if I can't keep them because they can't come get them.

I feel like going down the street and breaking the window on the van to get that Husky out of there.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

2. Awww i dont blame you,, ive feelt the sameway before.
    so i know frustrating it is

stupid stupid people

I am not sure if your city has this law, but here if a dog is locked in a hot car and appears to be in distress, you have every legal right to smash the window and help the dog.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

We have the same law here as well. Atleast I'm pretty sure we do.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

That's horrible Perhaps you can try the police dept. and see if they can do anything? It seems around here police are very helpful for these kinds of situations.

If the dog is still there, I would take a water bottle, and aim the water through the little opening to at least get the dog a little wet. The owner might get mad at the wet dog and car.. but if it'll keep the dog cooler, then I really wouldn't care if I pissed off the owner.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

It's almost 5:30. That Husky has been in the van for almost TWO hours now. The Humane Society is now closed - so they're no use either.

I'd be a bit nervous to call the police.. I hate getting involved in things. =\

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Call the police!! The worst they can do is refuse to do anything.

I called the police one Sunday when the animal shelter was closed about a dog running loose on a busy street (I couldn't catch him) and they helped.

I can understand if an owner has their dog with them and needs to make a quick stop to pick up a thing or two. But two hours! That's abuse! I, too, would be nervous to call the police, but if the owners don't come soon and read the note then you should. You may be nervous but this is for a dog who has been stuck in a hot car for two hours.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

BREAK THE WINDOW!!!! Just hide behind a bush or something and throw a heavy rock!! lol

Well, I wouldn't want to hurt the dog, coco-bean. And I wouldn't want him loose either.

The man came out at 7:30, read the note, ripped it up, and scattered it around on the road and drove off quickly.

I still have his lisence and such, but I don't think anything can be done with it.

please call the cops, Jessica if they won't help you! you may be able to save his life. the poor thing. please keep us updated...
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

What a jacka$$!!!
    At least he read your note and you got your point across!
    Maybe he didn't think about it being too hot, but now that he read your note.. MAYBE he'll think twice about doing it again. (maybe... )
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome