Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daisys ear looks a little swollen

Daisys ear looks a little swollen

I was looking at Daisy today and her right ear looks a little swollen, is this normal? I dont know anything about it but im going to try to take her to the vet tommorrow, and her right ear is the one she always scratches, she does have her e collar on though so she cant actually touch the ear. It doesnt look infected or anything I think it is just from scratching threw the collar, anyone have any advice?

Oh no, that's not good, Tim. I feel bad for Daisy and you. I don't know much about ear cropping so my guess is as good as yours. What I would do with my dog is just keep the cone on and see if there is any cream I could put on the ear or any medication I could give her. But like I said, I don't know much about ear cropping stuff.

I wish you the best of luck.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

Swelling is never a good thing, but you are already doing the right thing
    by taking her in to the Vets tomorrow. It's really best for Daisy to have the
    Dr. look at it himself.Hope that clears up soon.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    Swelling is never a good thing, but you are already doing the right thing
    by taking her in to the Vets tomorrow. It's really best for Daisy to have the
    Dr. look at it himself.Hope that clears up soon.
    agreed..let us know what he says!

Quote Originally Posted by Danegirl2208
    agreed..let us know what he says!
    Agreed, too. Taking her to the vet is the best thing to do in this case.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

I do have some stuff to put on her ears i think it is where she is digging at her ears, but the lamp shade keeps her from actually making contact with it but she is hitting it. ill let u all know what is said

Yes Tim, take her to the vet. You don't want an infection to set in.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by timlewis
    I do have some stuff to put on her ears i think it is where she is digging at her ears, but the lamp shade keeps her from actually making contact with it but she is hitting it. ill let u all know what is said
    Oh ok. Maybe this stuff is irritating her. That's one of things you don't want happening when she wears the cone (hitting it on her ear) ouch! Yes, be sure to tell us what the vet says.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

Good luck at the vets today!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Unfortunately im not going to be able to take Daisy to the vet as planned, for the last week and a half my eye has had a haze like over it and its getting worse so i have got to go to the eye doctor today. But i did call the vet and i e-mailed him some pics of her ears to see what he thought, he has not got back in touch with me yet but i did just email hem 20 mins ago so he hasnt had time yet. Update u as soon as possible. If anyone can tell me about the ears let me know and ill email u some pics of them, but only if u can look at them and tell me something, because i truly dont have time to email everyone. And the last time i posted pics of her ears everyone thought they were nasty so it would be best not to post them, and it may be normal im not for sure. Thank You all for your replies and thoughts.

umm i think u should take her to the vet! there's definately enough time in the day to take her to the vet and you to the eye doctor! I understand your health may come first but if you knew u had a haze over your eye for a week, then you should have went to the doc. before hand! She needs to go to the vet im sorry, but that wasnt very responsible if you cant tend to her needs, as it seems as though she has an infected ear and could be in alot more pain than she is putting off!

You can post a picture, if people don't want to look they don't have to. I'd be willing to take a look and just give my opinion if you want. I know you know she needs to see the vet but you need to get your eye taken care of as well if it's getting worse. I know you will take her as soon as you can. I am not in favor of ear cropping but what's done is done so no reason to hash that out, I don't want to see anything happen to her ear. I'm sure the vet will get back to you as soon as he is able. Hopefully it's nothing serious and perhaps he can get her some antibiotics if she needs it.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

by all means please get to her the vet as soon as you can!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I would say a bit antibiotic/pain killer.......and some antiseptic to clean the ears.........i´d say you can use kins of neosporin (i´ve heard) but if you can find some powder stuff........so it doesn´t gets moistened....

If i can be of any help......I´m here.......
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I'm not sure what to do in a case like this either. I guess it would depend on how swollen they actually are and what they look like. Are they raw, change in color, etc....

I am also not a fan of ear cropping because of the fact that many problems can arrise from ear cropping but I do respect other peoples opinions & choices. What's done is done and we are here for you in times of need.

Have you heard back from your vet?

If you want I can take a look at them if you PM me the pics, or I can PM you my email addy if needed. I'll see if I have any advice for you after I look at them. Good luck at your Dr appointment. Eyes problems are NOTHING to mess around with.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.