Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ziggy's Sick Please Send Prayers & Positive Thoughts Her Way

Ziggy's Sick Please Send Prayers & Positive Thoughts Her Way

Hi, last night Ziggy didn't want to eat but she was very thirsty. I tried feeding her again later and she did eat some but not as much as she normally does. I just figured it was because she's still recovering from her spay. This morning she wouldn't eat at all and would only drink. She had also done some mushy poos in her litterbox. I tried again later but she wouldn't eat or drink and she had diarrhea in her litterbox this time and she had also thrown up some white foamy stuff.

I called my vet right away and got an appointment for 11:40am. The vet said that she's running a low grade fever and that she probably picked up some kind of an intestional flu bug. My other cats should be safe since they're all up to date on their vaccines and are older. She on amoxicillin tablets 2 times a day for the next 7 days. He was going to give me liquid but I prefer tablets because they're less messy. Boy was she hard to pill. At least she's wearing her e-collar so this helps. She still didn't want anything to eat to drink. If she still hasn't improved in 3 days then she has to be seen again. Please send prayers and positive thoughts her way. Thanks in advance.

Poor little girl! Hopefully the antibiotics will cure her fever and get rid of that nasty bug!

Hugs to that sweetheart - get well soon, Ziggy!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Ziggy you are in my prayers.get well soon.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Poor Ziggy, I hope she'll get better soon! Hopefully she'll be easier to pill as the days go by.

Give her scritchies and kisses from me.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I just hate hearing this. Do you think she picked up something at the Humane Society? She doesn't have an infection does she? Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in real quick. Get better little Ziggy!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Aww sweetheart! You take those pills and get better soon! We will all have our paws crossed here.

Quote Originally Posted by K & L
    I just hate hearing this. Do you think she picked up something at the Humane Society? She doesn't have an infection does she? Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in real quick. Get better little Ziggy!
    Yes, she probably did pick something up at the Humane Society since her spay may have caused her immune system to become weaker. This is why she needed at least 2 FVRCP booster shots before her spay which she did receive.The people at the Humane Society said to watch out for her possibly getting an URI but she doesn't have this.The vet said it's probably being caused by some form of the corona virus. I sure hope that pills will do the trick. Her incision looks wonderful and the vet was amazed that her spay had only been done on Friday. I'll continue to keep you updated about her.

Ziggy's sick

Prayers are being prayed for sweet Ziggy
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

It pains me to hear that our sweet little Ziggy is feeling under the weather.

Get better quickly little girl. PLEASE!

Tracey - I hope Ziggy will soon be back to her normal self. How upsetting for you!

OH NO! Prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Update

Thanks again everyone this really means a lot to me. I was able to get her to eat a little wet food and she drank more water too. I told the vet that I thought that she may have a sore throat due to the anesthesia and he said that she might. Maybe this is one reason why she has stopped eating her dry food. I just hope that she'll continue to eat and drink for me so that the antibiotics will have a chance to kick in and then she'll be begin to feel better and eat normally again. Thanks again.

Oh no, poor baby!!! I'm glad you were able to get her right to the vet! Glad to hear she is starting to eat again for you! Please keep us updated on her and give her baby kitty loves for me!

Get better soon Ziggy Here's a pic of your namesake with a "modified" conehead! [IMG][/IMG]

Glad she is on the road to recovery
    It's hard seeing our fur babies not feeling well.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor