Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is my kind of therapy, horse therapy! ~NEW PICS~

This is my kind of therapy, horse therapy! ~NEW PICS~

A friend of the family has 3 horses which do not get ridden often. (long story, but they have a LOT of money and very little time). My mother & Uncle works for them as does my cousin. Well my cousin is the only one who rides the horses, she used to have someone help her but they no longer do. My mother mentioned to her a few weeks ago that I love to ride horses and used to take lessons and was sure I'd be happy to help. Boy was my cousin was all over that idea, as was I! I can ride them when ever I want but I don't feel comfortable with that idea yet so for the time being I ride every Sunday with my cousin. I do visit them a few times a week though as they are right on my way home from work. I'll try to get some better pics soon, I forgot my camera a couple times, the one time I remember it they have their fly face masks on. lol

This is Sheeba, she's the alpha. She's part quarter horse and something else that I can't remember. I can't remember their exact ages but they are all about 10-14ish years of age.
    She knows I come with threats, it helps us bond.

Look at the "apple foam" on her lower lip. lol

Sheeb's begging for more, she's a pig.

This is Foxy, she's a paint, which happens to be my all time favorite breed of horse!

This is Willow, she's the only one that we can not ride. She had some sort of an accident years & years ago, before they got her. She has some nuralogical problems as a result and tends to trip & fall down easily. They take all precautions to keep her from falling down and she leads a happy, healthy life other than that. She's a very sweet girl though and is VERY bonded to Sheeba, so much that she has to stand next to her when we dress Sheeba and has to be in the same pasture we ride in. In fact all 3 horses are very bonded to each other, we can't get them to even walk on oposite sides of the pasture yet, they always have to be kind of near each other. She's an Apalalusa, which is is one of my favorite breeds.

Here's Sheeba again. So far I've only riden her bareback.

And then my fav., Foxy.
    Last edited by lv4dogs; 09-25-2006 at 09:55 AM.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Breathtaking Beauitful Horses.
    That is so neat you get to ride them all the time.Those are wonderful people to keep a horse that has problems standing and falls down.I am so happy they have Willow.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

That sounds like a woderful arrangment!

Niņo & Eliza

I took some more pics this past Friday of the girls on my way home from work, without their fly masks on. lol I never rode this past Sunday as it was raining in the morning & I had to go to a benefit gig that Joe's dad's band played in in the afternoon. It was for 2 kids in our area that lost their father, he was stabbed 20 something times because of a woman.

They heard my car door shut & all came a running. It's kind of difficult to take a good pic of a running horse, they can run pretty fast. lol

Sheeba came first, of course

Then Foxy

Last but not least, sweet Willow girl:

Sheeba seeing what I'm doing on the ground (I had the apples laying on the ground lol)

Sweet Foxy, she always rubs her nose on her stall, in the little hole thing they have so you can pet & feed them without opening up the stall door. She's always begging for attention.

Willow eating an apple

More pics on the way.....
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Sheeba butting in

again

and again

and again (I love horse's noses... and eyes too)

This girl is so sweet, too bad Sheeba's so pushy & Willow's not totally sound

Foxy waiting for her apple, she knows to wait until after Sheeba gets out of the way & gets hers first

Oh boy, here's my apple

Yummy

Still more pics to follow....

Here comes Sheeba again, butting in again, she eats fast

Sheeb is such a pig, no wonder she's a little chubby. lol
    I love this pic

Willow again, just staying out of Sheeba's way. I don't know why Willow loves Sheeba so much, Sheeba just bosses her around. lol

My bad attempts at getting a decent eye shot. If it was a little sunnier out I think I could of done it. lol

I like this one for some reason

As soon as I started to walk away they did too

They didn't go too far though, until they knew I was leaving for sure

Just a couple more.....

I love Foxy, she's such a beautiful horse

I hope you enjoyed the pics!

Such Beautiful photo's!

I love horses so much, amazing creatures..

I also love Foxy alot!

Wow! They're beautiful! I've only ridden bareback with a bridle so far. It was fun, but bouncy haha. Willow looks like my friend's horse. Same looks, different breed. My friend's is part Arabian part Quaterhorse I think. We can ride her, but not for long. When she was young she was jumped too early and got artheritis in her front legs. I believe she can't go any longer than 30 minutes to an hour.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

I enjoyed the pictures so much!! =D
    All three of them are absolutely gorgeous, and you're so very lucky to be able to interact with such beauties!
    I must say, though, that Willow just might be my favorite of the three.. She seems rather sweet. =)
    Thank you so much for sharing those three lovely ladies with us!

Paints are my favourite too!! Wow, it looks like a beautiful place there! Sheeba is stunning.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

aww horse therapy is my kind of therapy, too! they all are beautiful! I am in love with Foxy.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Wow! Oh, give them all a nose-rub apiece just for me!

Beautiful Pictures!!!!! Great Horse Sense ( err... therapy) too

I wish my daughter had a computer, she would give each of them nose rubs for sure!!!!!

Beautiful photos!!! They have a beautiful farm! I love each of the horses, but Willow is so beautiful, I adore her. She reminds me of a friends horse that I wanted to buy..but she wouldn't sell her...haha.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]