Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kids who don't have responsibilities...

I know the feeling Kfmar. I had one brother who was the same way and even resorted stealing from me and my brother. I went to school and started working when I was 14 so I could afford to pay for my own things. He never worked and quit school. He felt that my mother owed him the money our father sometime gave her for our child support. He would get mad when my mom and I would go shopping and I'd come home with bags of clothes, shoes, movies and anything I wanted, but yet couldn't comprehend that I paid for my stuff out of the money I earned.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

When I was 14, I was given an allowance of $5 a week and with that, I had to buy all my own clothes. I learned how to budget and save up for what I wanted. It was the best lesson my parents could have taught me.

My two nieces were very spoiled growing up. Christmas was always a nightmare for me because a) there was nothing I could get them that they didn't already have and b) anything they wanted I could not afford. Fortunately, they grew up without that "spoiled attitude" and now, at the ages of 24 and 26, they each pay their own way.

...and when I was a kid, I had to walk 10 miles to school each way, all uphill with no shoes and....oops, sorry, that was my Dad speaking...
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

There was a great story (and I do not mean great in a good way....) about
    some 17 year old kid in the area where Edwina'a Sect. lives..

These kids were having a bite to eat at a restaurant when they decide to race their cars afterwards.

One kid flips his car, kills himself and seriously effs up the two girl passengers.
    The other driver will go to jail for murder.

One kid was driving a BMW and I forgot what the other car was..

------------------

The stupid parents will sue the carmaker, the city of Irvine and everyone else they can put on the suit.

Why?

Because they wanted to give their kids "what I didn't have when I was
    growing up...."

Instead they gave their kids eternal youth, they will never get past the age of their death.

Slick!

You forgot "in hip-deep snow"
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda