Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you worry a lot?

Do you worry a lot?

Ever get really worried about something before you even know something is wrong? I do it all the time...I can get so worked up over something really stupid. Like, I had a dentist appointment today. I was positive I have cavities, plus extra teeth coming it Turns out I had neither...but I was worrying myself sick over it. I've been trying to tell myself not to worry until I know what the problem is...but it's hard. Do you have this problem to? How do you overcome it?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Well, I used to be a worrier. I hate to say it, but it's true, with age comes wisdom. Sometime in my 30's I realized that I worried obsessively about things that never happened. And the disasters that did happen were out of the blue. Never saw them coming. About that time, I stopped being a worrier. I decided it was a waste of time because the things I worried about never happened and I had to conserve my energy for the things that did happen.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Some people around me are worriers - Paul's mom is the champion of all worriers, and he is her son! I cannot offer any advice, according to him I don't even know the meaning of the word.

But I can say that I have never seen worrying do anyone much good. It is a waste of energy that could be put toward other, more positive uses.

Yes I get anxious sometimes. I don't worry about everything, but I do worry about things that are stressing me out that I don't have a lot of control over, like money. I'm the kind of person who has to fix everything that's bothering me RIGHT AWAY or I feel stressed out. If it's something that I can't fix I do tend to get stressed out.

I try to relax by taking deep breaths and petting the dogs, although sometimes I don't handle it well. Occasionally I indulge in retail therapy (not the best method when you are already stressed about money) or work out, or just go walking. Sometimes it's not possible to do those things so I just listen to a relaxing song on my ipod.

I used to be horrible about it but now I'm a little better. I can really stress myself out over little things I have no control.

I'm also a pessimist which doesn't help I guess but I look at it as if I expect the worse and it doesn't happen then I'm pleasantly surprised, right?! It drives my family crazy but apparently I come by it naturally because my Dad's sister were/are that way. My mother used to call me Estelle Jr. because that was one of Dad's sister who saw the end of the world in everything thing that happened. It was a sad way to live and luckily I'm not that bad.

From Decker with Love

Yes! I am quite the worrier! I am pretty bad about it - my mom calls me "Wanda the Worrier"..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Sometimes I worry. Right now, really worried about Duke.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Yes I am.I worry and I worry and I worry about everthing.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    Well, I used to be a worrier. I hate to say it, but it's true, with age comes wisdom. Sometime in my 30's I realized that I worried obsessively about things that never happened. And the disasters that did happen were out of the blue. Never saw them coming. About that time, I stopped being a worrier. I decided it was a waste of time because the things I worried about never happened and I had to conserve my energy for the things that did happen.

How very true. I do think it is a conscious decision one must make, and a realization that you cannot control everything. I think most people worry because they feel a powerless sensation over a situation. At least by worrying about it, they can 'own' it.

What sometimes goes unnoticed is the power you DO have over a situation, by action. Not by worrying, but, by action. And, many people are afraid to take the responsibility of action.
    I cannot even begin to count the people I know with the dreaded "what if" disease. It makes me very tired just listening to them.

Just my .02.

Oh no...I hope I'M not a worrier....

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I worry so much especially at work when trying a new style on a dog I always convince myself I'll do a snip wrong and mess up the whole haircut! The thing is that the dog picks up on you feeling worried and makes it all worse for you to keep the dog still to scissor in the first place Im getting better but still need to improve alot!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    I hate to say it, but it's true, with age comes wisdom.
    That is soooo true!! Me too, I have "learned" not to worry to much.
    Remember: "Every cloud has a silver lining!"
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

My Mother often called me a "Worry Wart"~~~~ as well as a "Crepe
    Hanger"

She certainly had me pegged correctly!!! But, with age, comes Wisdom, and I have learned, that 90% of the things we actually worry ( and stew about), never really happen!!!

It all boils down to "Self Confidence"~~~~ Which, as we all know, requires trial and error, and the sense to know that nothing is perfect.

Just remember "The Serenity Prayer"~~~~

And, "Life is Short"~~"This is not a dress rehearsel"

Pet Talk helps!!!!!!!

14. I got the same worry problem as you do Slleipnir...
    its like a instinct or something and we cant help it

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Nah - life is too short to worry. Worrying is like praying for something bad to happen; I just don't do it anymore.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10