Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Send Prayers & Positive Thoughts For Ziggy's Spay -Updated!!!

Please Send Prayers & Positive Thoughts For Ziggy's Spay -Updated!!!

I everyone. I just wanted you to know that my baby Ziggy Stardust is going to be spayed this Friday. She can't have food or water after 10pm on Thursday evening and I have to drop her off between 6:30am-8am on Friday and pick her up from 3-5pm on Friday. She's having this done at my local Humane Society so I hope that everything will go well. They use dissolving sutures internally and then glue her on the outside so she doesn't have to go back to have any stitches removed.

Has anyone ever had this type of spay done to their cat? If so what should I expect? I'm sure she'll still be groggy when I bring her home. I'm setting up a cage for her so she can rest and hopefully stay as quiet as possible without any of her siblings trying to play rough with her. I need lots of prayers and positive thoughts being sent her way. I'll be working on Friday but I know that I won't be able to stop thinking about her. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 09-22-2006 at 08:46 PM.

Dear Ziggy Stardust, it's that time that we meowmie's dread. Even though we know it is such a routine surgery for the vets, we still can't help but worry when it is one of our own.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that all goes well for you on Friday.

((((((HUGS)))))) for your nervous meowmie.

KAK I've never heard of them using clue on animals to close the incision. I know they use it on humans as my son had it done to his chin.

I'll be curious to see how this works on Ziggy.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Sending Positive thoughts to Ziggy. She will be in my prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Good luck Ziggy, I'll be praying for you and thinking about you!

Rumor had regular stitches with her spay so I don't know how it is with animals but I had two incisions glued this past winter and they did great. Much easier and better than stitches.

From Decker with Love

Prayers and good thoughts on their way for Ziggy!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Awww Prayers for Ziggy Stardust. I am sure she will be fine, but us purrents always get so worried about our babies!

The vet I worked for used dissolving stitches, and I love them. Just dont let her chew and lick TOO much. My M.E had dissolving stitches(they will also use glue to seal it shut), and all was well, and no repeat visit which was even better for her. Let us know how it goes! *HUGS* for you and Ziggy

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

We are sending thoughts and good wishes to Ziggy and hope a speedy recovery will come your way. Don't worry Ziggy you'll be running around playing with your sibings and having a great time pretty soon.
    Kisses...Kate, Jack & Sunny

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    Has anyone ever had this type of spay done to their cat? I

I did it three times this season with girlies! Don't be surprised if she hits the ground running and acts like nothing has happened.
    If she is groggy, no big deal there either. Both are quite normal reactions.
    If they are alert, I give them a spoonful of food at 7pm, night of the spay and a small meal at midnight, even though it says no food till next day. Some are just so hungry!

Best of Luck Ziggy!

That's the only kind we ever have done! They use these on the ferals since you can't bring them back in for removal. Pearl had this same type. Everything will be just fine! We would've had her done already for you, but you know the vet suggested waiting since she was so small. Good luck little, beautiful Ziggy..we'll be thinking of you! Please keep me updated Tracey!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Tracey, I know how we all worry - but I bet you will be surprised - she will be just fine and wondering why she has to stay in the cage.

I will think good thoughts and say a prayer for Ziggy. She sure is cute!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Fingers and paws crossed. I'm sure everything will turn out fine for your beautiful girl.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Karina Angel will be there for Ziggy Stardust at her spay to make sure things go well.
    We are sure that Ziggy will be fine, and home before you know it.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks everyone. I'm sure that everything will go well but I'm still going to be worrying about her.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Of course you'll worry! That's what meowmie's do! Dear little Ziggy Stardust with the amazing eyes will be in our prayers.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Prayers for your little Ziggy! I'm sure she will do just fine! That type of suture is very normal! I KNOW it's hard, but try not to worry!

Hugs,
    Kim