Thread: Watch Katie tonight.

Watch Katie tonight.

There's going to be a segment on CBS evening news with Katie Couric tonight about companies who allow dogs at the office. Thought I'd give you a heads up.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Oh I am so glad I didn't miss this! How nice that they saved that story for last. When they started out about talking with a *Ryan* person I immediately thought of my son. As I have mentioned before, his company actually encourages you to bring your dog to work. When he had his interview there, he was surprised to see a yorkie eyeing him up.

I could live to be 100 and my boss would never allow such a thing (he is not a pet person at all ) but I am so glad that there are people that realize that having pets on the job can be a real stress reliever. Thank you Rachel for the heads up!

CRAP! I missed it!

I would give anything to bring Fenway to work EVERYDAY. I can bring him when I have to work on Saturday's. I work for a non-profit and when we have fund raisers on Saturday's, I take him in. I figure if I have to get my butt to work on a Saturday, well then my dog's coming with me. But that's only 4-5 Saturday's per year.

I actually took him to work on a Thursday & Friday once because I was dog-sitting our CEO's killer poodle and I was afraid to leave Fenway alone with him. So I was able to get away with it. 99% of the people were so happy to see Fenway. They came over and talked to him and patted his little head. They were thrilled. But the 1% gave me dirty looks. Funny, the 1% people are the people who I normally didn't like anyways.

Next year at this time we're going to be in a new building and I was told that Fenway would not be allowed in it (even on Saturday's). So I figure I won't work Saturday's when we're in the new building.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Ah crud... I missed it.

My boss has a Rottie, Lab and a Yorki/Chi mix.
    He loves his dogs, but doesn't treat them like we treat our dogs here at PT.
    He treats them like dogs. LOL!
    But it's funny because he knows how much my dogs mean to me, and totally understood when I had to take a day off of work a few weeks ago when Bud was in the hospital! He even asked me the next few days each morning how Bud was doing!! (Quite the shock!)
    I really think if there was an emergency and I had to bring my dogs to work he'd let me. But not just for the fun of it.
    I have stopped by the shop (I work at a body shop) with the dogs after I've gotten off of work (I get off at 4:30 and the shop is open till 6:30) and have walked them around the place to meet people but my boss has never been there when I've done that.
    My boss also owns a company here in the same building that customizes and services Wheelchair assessable vans. So we have service dogs in our waiting room all the time! Our receptionist calls me the second one comes in and I go talk to the people and ask to pet their dog while their vehicle is being worked on.
    Once this woman and her service dog were here all day long, she got lunch for herself but told me she felt bad for not bringing anything for her dog to eat. I told her don't worry about it, I always carry milk bones in the glove box of my car! (Along with a slip leash... hey.. you never know when you'll need it!) So I gave her dog a few milk bones and she never stopped thanking me!
    Okay.. that was waaaay to long of a post! Sorry! I just kept typing away!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

You've all heard the phrase "when the cat's away, the mice will play." Well that's how it worked at office my husband used to work at. They secretly had a "bring your dog to work day" when the boss was out of town. It was a small office and there were only 3 dogs that came that day, Justin took Bitsy.

For the last few years Justin has been self-employed. One of the companies he was doing a project for allowed dogs at the office. The boss took his 2 dogs (I think Justin said they were ridgebacks) to the office everyday.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

The posts to this thread are as enjoyable as the segment on the news was. Thanks all.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix
    You've all heard the phrase "when the cat's away, the mice will play."
    My co-worker has been bringing her lab in occasionally for the past couple of years. The first time she came in she was a 10 week old puppy. On Wednesdays the boss in surgery and she is off so she has brought Libby in and we have gotten to watch her grow up. We always joke and pretend to look around for a hidden surveillance camera. If he ever gets one we are all dead. I brought Ripley in one day when I happened to be off on one of his surgery days. He had a ball, but I was so worried he'd try to leave his *mark* and our secret would be out in the open. LOL!

I missed it too! Lucky me, I am self employed so both my dogs and two cats are with me all the time! I have a daycare in my home and I sometimes puppy sit for my daycare familes dogs too! The other day I had a bad day with the kids and I asked a friend to remind me why I do daycare and one of her statements was that my dogs need me at home! That is so true with Lou Lou, she is a velcro dog to me!