Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I a little sensitive today or......

Am I a little sensitive today or......

Is our "membership" really decreasing THAT much???

I have sadly noted that the threads that I have posted recently (even those including pictures) get 10 or less reponses (not including my own posts).

OK, 10 responses isn't bad, but many of them are 3, 4, 5, 6.............

Am I really that boring?? Are we losing that many people??

Do you think you are getting the number of responses you used to get? (or is it just me?)

You are not alone! PT does seem to have gone very quiet recently

where is everybody??
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I have also noticed it's gone quite quiet recently, but I'm still here and read all the posts! And if I feel I have something to say or want to contribute I do, I love this forum, I love the stories the pictures everything. It's the best forum in the world, it's so good to share you love for your cats with others who appreciate it and don't roll their eyes as if you're mad or say 'it's only a cat' cause we know better don't we people!

Jen, I think a lot of members have gone back to school, and the rest of us (some at least ) just don't have the time we used to. I know I reply less these days, and sometimes it's a bit random, depending on what's on the first few pages. Of course, I try to reply to the ones I know well, first.

The threads also dissapear so quickly, because so many new ones are started, but we can always try to bump the good ones back up. When I sometimes look for a thread "from last night" it's gone back 6-7 pages and I can hardly find it. And no, I don't feel we get as many responses as we used to.

Also, some post so many threads it's quite overwhelming.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I try really hard to respond but having a 6 year old makes me want to go to bed when she does lol
    Michelle

I have to say that I'm guilty....I come in and see what everyone is up to but I'm at work, we are down a 32 hour nurse in the dept, and as the secretary...they have loaded me up with tons of her work so I just don't have the time that I used to have to post as much as I would like to...sorry

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Don't take things personally!

I have been too &&&%$%$% busy lately to post each time I read a thread. Its not that I don't love people. I do. I have to do some posting at work....and little at home in the evenings..... then go to sleep, only to start the process all over again in 24 hours.

Once the kiddies go back to school, the internet become less active.....or does it?

Jen, I always try to at least look at your threads even if I don't have time to reply. (especially if it involves a photo of my sweet DaVinci, I hope he's feeling ok)
    I have been busy at work where we are not allowed to surf the net and I also have a husband and 3 kids and a house to clean and pets to care for, etc., so my free time unfortunately is more limited than in the summer when I don't work.
    And like Sasvermont says, we do have to sleep sometimes too.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I'm also guilty. I am just so tired anymore that it takes too much energy to type out a response. I DO read the threads (mouse clicking is less engery than typing )

Though I do notice my threads receiving less replies.... but I don't care because I figure its a two way street. I reply to others and get replies from them too. I haven't been replying much to people lately so I don't feel bad when I don't get as many replies as I used to get. I still start new threads because it makes me happy to share my monsters with the world.

September is always a busy month in my household. I've currently job searching and now trying to introduce the two cats as well. But my time has always been hit or miss. I might make it on PT for a week then you don't see me for awhile.

If I get the job I just applied for I won't have the time for PT that I've had over the last few weeks.

I agree with most people...you try to read and catch up as much as you can but time is usually limited.

HI Jen!!
    Like the other who have posted, I, too, try to read posts even if I do not reply. Maybe people are not interested in what is posted! You never know...
    Nine is Fine!!

I think it is just that September is so darn busy. What with the kids starting school again, and their activities kicking in there doesn't seem to be time for much. With the computer at home on the fritz the only time I can check is at work.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Jen i have noticed alot of regular posters getting sadly overlooked lately .

Also, some post so many threads it's quite overwhelming.
    That is one of my biggest pet peeves, and it has been increasing quite a bit the last couple of weeks .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Yes it seems slow to me also. I love PT as always, but it has changed over the years and sometimes I miss having it as it was at one time for me.

I agree with Randi that there seems to be more threads and the page changes so quickly. That part frustrates me alot. I usually scan the first page several times a day and then move on if nothing interests me. I generally read about folks I know

I miss Lisa/catcrazylady/CCL. She is my good friend and she used to keep the board pretty lively and funny.

Maybe you are sensitive, too. Nothing wrong with that. But, you have been here for a long time and are part of the "purrsonality" of PT. (((((HUGS)))) - maybe try to look at the hit count and that might help some. I think I understand what you are saying - I am trying to...but please know you are loved and important, and that many folks are following your threads and enjoying your stories and pictures.

more (((((Jen))))) to you my friend

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I confess that I never even look at how many people read or reply to my threads. Was I supposed to? It's not that I don't care. It's just that I say what I want to share with everyone. If they feel so inclined to respond, that's nice. But, if they dont, I never noticed. I'm not the most observant, that's for sure. I never thought of looking at the counts as any kind of rating system.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.