Thread: 2 Dogs, Hedgehogs and a Rabbit

2 Dogs, Hedgehogs and a Rabbit

Greetings All,
    I am a newbie with a ten year old male broder collie mix named Dosser, a three year old female Rott. I am hoping to have the Rott bred to a neighborhood boxer, any ideas/tips would be helpful. This is a new adventure for me! Also have two male hedge hogs - African Pigmy, brothers. And a Holland Lop named Tigger. Currently am training a young Tennesee Walker Gelding for a friend. Any gaited horse lovers out there?
    Talk to me!

Welcome to Pet Talk.
    Did you mean you want to breed your Rottie to a Boxer? or did i take that wrong?If so please don't.There are so many homeless dogs out there that need homes.Shelters are already packed as it is.Rescue is what most of us on Pet Talk are for.Inless you are breeding to show and make the breed better then don't breed please.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Quote Originally Posted by TAPS
    Greetings All,
    I am a newbie with a ten year old male broder collie mix named Dosser, a three year old female Rott. I am hoping to have the Rott bred to a neighborhood boxer, any ideas/tips would be helpful.
    Talk to me!
    Tips? DON'T DO IT. Spay/neuter your dogs. They will be healthier that way, and you will not be adding the the pet overpopulation. Do you have any idea how many healthy adoptable animals are killed every day in shelters because there are just too many? There are about 30,000 pets killed every year in my state alone, and I don't live in a heavily populated state! Check http://www.petfinder.com for rottweilers and boxers and you will see many many purebreds and mixes that are homeless (and that isn't even counting the many other shelters that don't use petfinder). There are currently 3888 boxers and 3408 rottweilers listed on petfinder.

Welcome to Pet Talk. I'm sorry for being harsh but when I know that thousands of dogs are needlessly put to sleep every single day, I don't want to see others adding to that.

Hello

Welcome to POTD. For any bunny advice I always recommand House Rabbit Society. Tigger is a cute name for a bunny. I have a Holland Lop as well. He was the POTD on 9/5/06. Hope you meet lots of nice people. Good luck.

Welcome to PT! I just don't think you should breed a Rottie with the Boxer because I think you should spay/neuter it as well as what the others have said. Go to a shelter near you and get a dog there or any pet you want. They need help and all the love they can get.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]