Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anvik & Fall Training....pics

Anvik & Fall Training....pics

Anvik:

"Hey, what about me? Don't I get to come too? Don't leave me in the porch!!" He's standing on the freezer!

He got to come. That's Anvik in wheel(back) beside Chase. The other dogs are Pacer and Ozzy, Sundin and Paxil up front.

"Thanks for letting me come!"

"Wanna a hug?". He gives great hugs!

Aww how cute the first one was adorable! That face definetly makes you want to let it out of there. Great pictures thanks for sharing!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

He is so cute! Looks like he's fitting right in! I could use a hug!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

I have to laugh when I think of Anvik standing and laying on the freezer. What an adorable goof!

Looks like the dogs are ready to go! How's Sundin doing in lead?

I want a hug from him, too! He really is a beautiful boy, his face is so expressive. He looks good next to long-legged Chase! Being in the back, do they tend to "run over" the shorter dogs?

Oh just beautiful, I can almost smell the crisp fall air. Our trees are starting to turn here now, and dropping leaves. I can't believe summer is over! Anvik is such a handsome, handsome boy!

Anvik is soo cute. Well, he didn't waste any time fitting right in, did he?

Oooh, good question, Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by cmayer31
    Looks like the dogs are ready to go! How's Sundin doing in lead?
    Sundin has always been a lead dog. As long as I can catch him, he does great up front. Somedays he still prefers not to be caught though. He'll run other places in the team without arguing(some lead dogs won't). He runs exactly like his mother, Pingo. They have the same gait, same habits and same stregths. They both respond to commands, but their gift is as trail leaders. They both sense trail conditions and always seem to know the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    Being in the back, do they tend to "run over" the shorter dogs?
    The gangline is set up so they can't overrun the dogs in front of them. No matter how hard they pull or how long their stride is, they can't catch the dogs in front. The only time that happens is if I really screw up! It's the musher's job to keep the main line tight and prevent the sled from hitting the dogs and the dogs from getting tangled.

The wheel dogs tend to be very powerful dogs. The leaders make the initial turns, but the wheel dogs make turning the sled much easier(if they do their job properly!) Wheel can be a scary place for some dogs--too close to the sled. It's the only place Chase will run. He's a Momma's boy. Farther up he gets worried and tries to turn so he can see me. Anvik has so far run every where but lead with no problems. I might try him beside Paxil soon.

They are all so irresistible Anvik has stolen my heart - I'm a sucker for cuddles and hugs and that boy sure knows how to dish I think he is a happy camper and loves to be with you and your gang

Great shots!

Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

All of the dogs are absolutely gorgeous, I can never get enough of them. Their smiles are contagious. =)

Thanks for explaining that Glacier. I thought since you don't really run your team for speed anyway it probably didn't matter. I love learning new things. (Of course, if I am at work when I learn something new, I tell everyone it means I can go home now. ).

Ahhh I bet you can feel the sled season coming. How I would love to experience the Sled!!!!!
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

Looks like Anvik hasn't just stolen the Pet Talkers hearts, but yours too!!!

Love the photos, looks like you're all having so much fun!!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I love the hug picture. He's so handsome, he really stands out with his light colored coat!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer