Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surgery day.

Surgery day.

Well folks, I leave in an hour to go have exploratory surgery. I am so, so nervous. I hardly slept last night and feel like a walking zombie at the moment. Its just a simple laproscope surgery to see the extent of the damage (endrometriosis) and whether or not I'll need further surgery. Hubby and I both feel its pretty bad and we won't be surprised if they tell us further surgery is unavoidable.

Hubby feels so, so guilty he can't take off (he's got to save his days off for job interviews and the "real" surgery).

I tried to get my mom to come and she couldn't get off because half her company is on vacation. She feel just awful and is coming up to take care of me tomorrow (awww, I love my mommy! )

Hubby suggested I call his father to be here with me in the hospital and afterwards at home, but the man drives me crazy with his endless stories that jump from one concept to another (my favorite being the steamy affair Mrs. Smith of the pie company had with a local cop that somehow in his mind segued into a junior league baseball tournament ) I usually get stuck on the phone with him for hours.... I cannot imagine being stuck post-op at home with him!

Anyhow, that leaves my youngest daughter. She's very excited to day a day off at school.... the hospital is none too pleased that a 16 year old is in charge like this but thats what I was able to come up with. Poor Heather's going to have her hands full with me and Cameron today!

Please keep me in your thoughts today. I'm nervous (as you might have been able to tell from my rambling). I'm afraid of what they'll find out just as much as I'm afraid of what this hospital bill will cost us. Or perhaps the bill afterwards frightens me more? I just want to get this done and over with and get everything fixed so that I won't be in constant pain anymore.

We'll be with you all the way.....big hug
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Sending prayers & positive thoughts your way.

Good luck Kim!! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Praayers coming your way!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Prayers and good thoughts on the way.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

(((HUGS))) Kim, I'll be thinking and praying today. I hope all turns out OK.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Kim, I will be thinking about you today. I hope you can get some answers so that you can feel well again.

Logan

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Prayers and positive thoughts flowing your way.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I will be certain to Keep You and Your Hubby in my Thoughts and Prayers !!!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}} catnapper!!!!

Very Proud of your youngest daughter!!!!!!

Good luck and prayers Kim!

I have a feeling I'm going to have to have more Endo tissue removed before I can start trying for kids, so I know how you feel. *HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Kim,

I'm sorry I couldn't call you back, but I was at work and we're not allowed to have our cellphones on the floor. You're in my thoughts and prayers, honey!

((((((HUGS)))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Our prayers are with you!

Kim, it's probably over now, but I hope your surgerey went well, and you can relax and get spoiled.

All the best for a speedy recovery!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Kim, I just went through the same thing in Jan. It was for the most part pretty easy. The worst was the pain from the gas they used to inflate my belly settled in my right side and shoulder for about 3 days. It really hurt to laugh, cough or sneeze so big tip - don't watch any comedies for a few days and don't let anyone tell you a funny joke. I was brought to tears by my brother from the pain of laughing at his joke.

I wish you the best of luck. Take it easy like the doctors say and let yourself recover (NO PICKING UP THE BABY! for at least a week).

From Decker with Love