Thread: Shedding

Shedding

My Brother In Law Has A Boxer He Is Only 4 Months Old But He Is Wondering About Her Shedding. Is It Normal For Her To Shed Some I Dont Think It Is Excessive Or Anything Just A Little But Just The Same He Was Wondering, Also What Can U Do For It?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00149.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	322.4 KB 
ID:	30497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00154.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	318.2 KB 
ID:	30498  

My SIL has two boxers now and several in the past. She says they shed alot, considering how short their fur is.

Brush, brush, and brush. I'd like to be able to brush Lady and cut down on her shedding, but she thinks the mitt brush is an invite to play.

my aunts boxer gunther seems to shed a lot year round...best advice i could give is what ladys human said, brush her everyday.
    BTW your Brother In Laws boxer is gorgeous whats the little guys name?

Welcome to the wonderful world of dog hair! As soon as mine lost her puppy coat, she has shed continually (more in spring and fall, but all year round there's some). She is not a boxer, but it seems to me that pretty much all dogs shed to some degree (except for those hairless ones, of course, but I personally would rather sweep up hair than have a smooth dog to pet). I sweep up enough hair to make a new dog every month or so, it seems.

I did see this phrase somewhere, though (I think on a coffee mug):
    "Everything tastes better with dog hair in it"

Get a brush that the pup will tolerate and use it regularly. Also, there's been some conversation about higher quality foods being better for their coats and reducing shedding a bit (I don't recall which foods are better for this than others, nor how much shedding is reduced by, but maybe your brother can do a bit of research on that, since he knows his budget better than any of us do).

Tyson does the normal seasonal shedding but a good bath and daily bushing helps keep it under control.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

My pups didn't start really shedding until they were a little older and shedding their puppy coat for their adult coat. A good diet and FREQUENT brushing will help alleviate the problem a LOT.

It is also leading in to fall... which is shedding season!! My pups are getting ready to blow coat... this will be fun..

EDIT: To help with shedding look for foods rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids (google the term if you aren't sure and look for foods containing ingredients such as flaxseed, sunflower oil, etc, those are a few examples).

facebook

grooming (constantly) and feeding quality food will help.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

thank you for your advice and ill pass it on to him. and as far as finances we work in the coal mines and we're not rich but we do pretty well considering where we live. so if anyone has any ideas other than brushing which is probably the only way just let me know.