Thread: Liter Box - #2

Liter Box - #2

Help, my beautiful Sundance is peeing in his liter but is pooping outside the liter on paper. The liter is upstairs in a private area and if he has to go to the bathroom in the AM he will go on paper. I have picked all the paper up and this morning he reached under a table with his paw took the paper out and went on it! At least he is clean. If he has to go to the bathroom when people are up he uses his liter, I cannot figure this out. The liter is dumped every 8 - 9 days and scooped out twice a day. Would 2 liter pans be the answer and should I put newspaper in the other liter? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

I found my cats often did this if they thought it wasn't clean enough for them. Also the tray wasn't big enough too. I bought a bigger one with a dome cover which gave thema bit more privacy plus it keeps everthing inside.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    My old cat Pishi (RB ) wanted 2 litter boxes: one for the small business, and one for the big. And always clean, so I scooped and scooped. But it worked and we were both happy with this arrangement.

Thanks, I am going to try the 2 liter boxes! Hopefully that will work, thanks again

5 for 2

I have five litter boxes for 2 cats. I have 4 out on a screened in porch - and keep them there all year round. And I have one inside, in a closet. My two monkey cats use all 5. Some are small, one is covered, 4 with one kind of litter (World' Greatest) and 1 with Costco clumpling letter, which they prefer. I have a huge porch so it is not a problem. So far, there have been no accidents. There was a problem when I first brought them home though, when the male kitty (Graemer) would go behind the refrigerator and pee. I discovered it when it came running out from under the fridge one morning. I was horrified and then put out lots of litter boxes. I washed the area with lemon scent stuff and he never went back. I don't think his urine was very strong then, and I couldn't smell it.

I would get one more litter box and make it big! He may prefer to do his business in two different boxes.

Last resort would be a trip to the Vet to see if something is going on in his stool. Sometimes cats have this uncanny way of letting you know that there is a problem.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out!

I was having a problem with Shadow urinating on the carpet in the front entryway for a while....I had moved the 2 kitty litter boxes into one bathroom and I don't think she was too happy about that. We finally had to give in and move one kitty litter box into the original bathroom and she quit having her accidents as frequently. Now she only seems to have ONE accident the first day we put new kitty litter filler in the box...which makes no sense to me because you'd think she would be happy it was brand new. AND now she doesn't use the kitty litter in the original bathroom, she uses the kitty litter in the other bathroom...I don't think I'll ever quite understand the thought process of a kitty!

I must be lucky, I have 4 cats, with only 2 litter boxes. We have a spare room in our house, that is our "Cat Room". It has the two litter boxes, the water dish, and the food dish. We free feed our cats, so when I clean the boxes once a day, I make sure to fill water and food. The litter boxes are used enough, that I believe the litter gets changed (through cleaning), about once a week.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures