Thread: Update on Lola, the Denver "handstand" kitten (more new info 9/19).

Update on Lola, the Denver "handstand" kitten (more new info 9/19).

Lola is a kitten who walks on her front legs due to a defect with her hind legs. Here's a video: Lola

According to the Maxfund shelter website, she is beginning to use her back legs, so she may stop the "handstand walk" as she gets older. One thing for sure--this is one clever and determined kitten!

Maxfund is conducting an essay contest to find the best home for Lola. Unfortunately for most PTers, only Colorado residents can apply. Here's the link: Maxfund

There's additional information in my post below.
    Last edited by Prairie Purrs; 09-19-2006 at 04:22 PM.

Thank you for the update. It's good that she is starting to use her hind legs since it will probably reduce the number of people who want to adopt her because she is a "conversation piece". Not that the shelter wouldn't be able to screen those people out anyway. She is going to be an expensive cat to take care of counting possible surgeries and furniture loss.

Isn't that incredible how she gets herself around! Great news that she is starting to use her back legs though. Please keep us updated on her, if you can.

What a wonderful plucky Cat, and may the Good Lord keep an eye on her, and keep her well.
    We know that shes going to get a Fantastic Furr Ever Home!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Update on Lola

Last night "Inside Edition" did a segment about Lola. What an awesome little girl!!! Watching her get around is something else, nothing seems to hold her back. Hopefully the vets will be able to help her so she can enjoy a long, healthy, happy life in a loving and caring furever home.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

If someone could get me that shelter address we would send ASAP an Animal Association Cat Nip Mouse.
    Its the least we could do for Lola.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    If someone could get me that shelter address we would send ASAP an Animal Association Cat Nip Mouse.
    Its the least we could do for Lola.
    MaxFund Animal Adoption Center
    1025 Galapago Street
    Denver, Colorado 80204-3942

Thank You for the address, Penny.
    There will be an envelope addressed there care of Lola with two Big Mice.
    With love from the Found Cats, Angels and I, The Feeder.

Here's a link to the latest local TV news story about Lola: Lola the cat ready for adoption.

Apparently MaxFund will screen the applications and essays sent in by prospective adopters, and then the TV station will have viewers vote among the top approved applicants in order to determine who gets to adopt little Lola.

I'm not so sure about the voting part of the process (it just adds to the "celebrity cat" atmosphere), but I suppose that it's OK as long as the finalists have been carefully screened. And if the publicity leads to more cats (special-needs kitties in particular) being adopted from the MaxFund shelter, then that would be a good thing.

There is a video of Lola on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckXuWLTG4io

What an endearing spirit. Such a sweet kitty.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Update on Lola

What a brave and extraordinary little kitty girl! I can't help but wonder how Lola ever figured out that she could get around by walking on her front legs. It sure doesn't seem to get in her way. I'm in love with that cutie big time!!! Dumb animals? I think not. Lola certainly disproves that misconception. My prayers continue for this sweet little girl that her vets find a way to give her the treatment that will guarantee a normal, happy, healthy life.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

We hope that Lola and the Cats at that wonderful shelter have recieved our little love offerings.
    We know that they will enjoy the Animal Welfare Mice.

What a sweetheart of a kitty!!! Would you believe that my mother-in-law has a baby goat who is doing the exact same thing???? I haven't seen it but my hubby has!! Amazing what animals can do to adapt!

Update on Lola, the Denver "handstand" kitten

Yes she is God wittle Angel & I do hope she gets a great home & the respect she deserves..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    We hope that Lola and the Cats at that wonderful shelter have recieved our little love offerings.
    We know that they will enjoy the Animal Welfare Mice.
    Lola is enjoying her Canadian nip! Here's the message I got from MaxFund when I asked whether they'd received Gary's present:

We did just get the mice. Please thank him for us. Lola's foster mother picked them up the other day and Lola loves them. Thanks again.